Chapter Sixty Two

We'd gone back to Boston the next day, or at least planned too, currently neither of us had moved, though Nathan was still asleep and holding me close in his arms while I played with the ends of his hair smiling softly.

He had been lying here peacefully for pretty much the whole night, and I knew that at some point I'd end up waking him up but mostly I just wanted to have him enjoy his sleep since he'd worked a lot harder in the past few days then I had. He was likely over working but I also wouldn't be surprised if he was used to it.

Deciding that I'd let him sleep, and I'd go through my day, I got out of bed and moved the pillow I'd slept on for him to hold so that he would think I was still there.

I couldn't help myself as I stared at him, he looked calm when asleep, and he didn't worry, he was warm and comforted rather then being on edge about the safety of the people he cared about.

Speaking of people Nathan cared about, I should go see his family, they'd be home and I wanted to know a bit more about what to expect from Nathan as he got older especially through him becoming CEO of Winters Group.

Walking into the bathroom I showered quickly without turning on the lights so that I didn't alert Nathan to me being awake I ran though the essentials for appearance before getting out and drying off along with pulling my hair up into a bun.

I then walked out of the bathroom and got dressed in a jumper and a pair of trousers that would be appropriate for seeing his parents I then walked back to the bathroom to do a simple makeup look and head out.

As I walked into the lobby I turned on the lights for when Nathan woke up, along with started his coffee machine while I found a note pad to leave so that he knew where I'd gone.

Good morning mi amor, I've gone to see your parents I'll be back before lunch promise. I also hope you sleep well, and that coffee is what you need to start your day, I love you.

-Arilynn

Clicking the pen shut I then go to the key drawer and decide taking something simple would be the best option for today. I chose the typical rich girl car and picked up the key for one of Nathan's Range Rovers before stepping into the elevator and going down to the garage.

Crossing the room I unlocked the car, and got into the SUV before leaving the building and heading off towards the Hamptons where the Winters Family had called home for the past thirty years which would make sense, it was also a very timelessly designed home and made would likely always be the home for Adrian and Olivia for their entire lives.

Leaving Manhattan into Brooklyn I looked around at all of the houses that were of the classic brownstone styling that had persisted for about as long as New York had been a city. This whole city had felt like home, whether that was because I'd been welcomed by Nathan's family, or simply that I liked the city I didn't know but I was definitely glad to be here in this place with so much history.

Getting out to Southampton I drove through the streets until I ended up outside the estate where the Winters lived and slowed at the gate which was open already before I slowly drove in and stopped about twenty feet from the steps and parked before getting out of the car.

I then walked up to the front door which as with most of the house was a lot larger then a normal house's. It was elegant and I would never really be able to call it anything less then a modern day palace solely based on the scale of the home.

Knocking politely I waited for the door to open which was surprisingly not that long before I was met by Olivia with a bright smile on her face and messy brunette hair.

"Arilynn, good morning" she says before moving aside, "come in, we've just made breakfast and coffee".

"Oh that's okay but thank you though" I say removing my shoes in the marble floored entryway that seemed to tower up to the ceiling where a crystal sheet chandelier was with two skylights giving a view of the cloudy sky above.