Chapter Thirty Four

Nathan and I had switched spots for the drive to New York city and considering we had four exams on the same day the fact he was willing to drive at all was a statement to how well adapted he was to doing things in large quantities effectively.

It was seven PM twelve hours after we'd woken up that morning and here we were pulling into New York's northern borough the Bronx. I'd been here maybe twice in my life and both were before I turned nine so I had no recollection of this city.

I wouldn't be forgetting it now.

There were probably tens of thousands of lights that I could see from through the tinted windshield of the car. Stories untold.

I started to look at the buildings trying to figure out who might live there based on cues of the area that was until I turned and stared straight out along Fifth Avenue at about a dozen buildings that stood above the rest in the distance with brownstone townhouses lined one side of the street with trees potted into the ground and the expanse of Central Park to my right.

"Holy shit" I mutter staring at all of these towers. I knew where we were, that was Billionaire Row It was when Nathan slowed at the corner of 57th Street that the pieces fit together.

Which tower is he about to pull into.

"Which tower is your home in?" I ask turning to look at him as he smirked slyly.

"Steinway Tower, or one-eleven West 57th Street" he replies supporting the side of his head as we nearest the thinnest residential skyscraper in New York.

Stopping he checked the sidewalk and pulled over it down towards a garage door with two security cameras on either side.

"Private garage, the one used by other residents is on the main level but kept in valet".

"How did you manage to do this then?" I ask.

"My family is close friends with the Mayor who approved the building grant, then we met with the developers and I stated I'd take any fault for damages to the building and structure. So it was a working progress to do it weeks before I moved in" Nathan says rolling down the window and pressing his thumb to a scanner before putting in the code for the door to open.

When it did I couldn't help but become wide eyed staring at the twenty-four car collection in the concrete walled space. Each one perfectly shined and cleaned neatly parked in a line while ceiling lights made the room bright.

"Are these all yours?" I gape.

"Yes" he says simply before backing into the spot that must have been specifically for his car and the two other Astons he owned.

"Nathan, this is amazing, congratulations on all this" I say and my words bring a smile to his lips.

"Thank you Arilynn" he says pushing open the door and sliding out before shutting the door as I follow suit.

"Which one is your favourite?" I ask stopping to admire the collection.

"My Astons are special to me but I will say that my Bugatti is also a personal favourite" Nathan says pointing to each car.

"And the spaceship at the end" I laugh knowing it was a McLaren I just didn't know the name of it. My parents didn't own these kinds of vehicles so I learned to respect them for the sake that the owners were often particular about them.

"That's my Speedtail, three point eight million dollar three seat hypercar" he says before walking up into the elevator area and opening an in wall safe before taking a key.

"I store the spares down here for days I don't know what car I want to drive" he elaborates which is when I register that I'd made a confused expression.