Chapter Twenty Two

Watching her sit opposite me deciding what out of the extremely rich food in front of us was rather tantalizing.

Arilynn had grace to her, one of my traits and observations I had. She was like a feather soft and delicate, but as sharp as a knife. That was a partial reason to me liking the gorgeous Spanish girl.

There were many others. One's I'd recollected while she slept beside me on the few occasions it had happened in the past month and a half.

October was bitter in Boston like New York too. Yet I had too much money and time to make things perfect for her.

I'd asked her what her dream dinner looked like and mental notes had led me to ordering my largest yacht from New York to Boston and the fore deck to have a gazebo assembled on it, and tied to the mooring rings.

A table had been set up between us with various expensive dishes made in pairs to be shared for both Arilynn and I, non-alcoholic wine went around the dessert tray in the middle, and so here we sat filling our plates.

"So, dinner with a billionaire. This almost sounds like the opening to some cliché movie" Arilynn says with a soft teasing smile.

"Except that movie is staring the wonderfully alluring Arilynn Hamilton. It would be a loss without you" I muse my accent sliding out through a wry smirk.

"I don't know how I'll explain to my family that I'm friends with a billionaire" she sighs.

"Friends don't kiss one another" I comment and she blushes.

"There's an implication there" she says though not meeting my eyes.

She can act meek, and shy, but she's also incredibly confident unless I say something sweet to her. It was one of my favourite things that I could effect her this way, and I wouldn't betray the fact that she was like this around me.

"You mean like how I'm going to find a way to ask you to be my girlfriend" I say cutting a piece of my steak and putting it in my mouth.

Looking up once I'd swallowed Arilynn is sitting with an obnoxious smile on her face.

"I swear I'm going to have a permanent smile if you compliment me all the time" she says.

"Sounds like a gift" I reply.

"Stop. Smiling hurts now" she says and I laugh glancing up at her.

"Glad you find it funny".

"Always will, would you like wine?" I ask standing and going over to the selection.

"We seem to have Yours California Red... Surely Cabernet Sauvignon... and SomethingElse Kally" I say looking up.

"Cabernet" she replies and I pick up the bottle and the opener before removing the cork.

"Señorita" I say filling her glass.

"And he speaks another language" she says with an amused expression.

"I speak four" I say lifting the bottle and walking to the other side of the table to fill my own glass.

"What are they?" Arilynn asks folding her hands.

"English, Italian, French, Spanish" I respond before putting the cork back in the bottle. Then with relative class I took a sip and returned to my spot.

"More then me, English and Spanish, trying to learn Arabic" Arilynn says.

"I have a friend Yana Khaliya. She would teach you. Actually I'm pretty sure you'd pass the best friend check" I muse.

"Girl best friends" Arilynn hums and I know what she's getting at.

"You never have to worry about her love. I've known Yana my whole life, and I can tell you that girl and I are closer to siblings".