Chapter Fifty Eight

After school I'd promised Arilynn to dinner, and not just any dinner a nice one since it was her birthday today, and I had acted somewhat like I'd forgotten all day by being busy. What she didn't know was that I'd remembered her birthday and had been busy planning to surprise her with all our friends and a gathering.

Crossing the room to where she sat I stopped and leaned against one of the pillars in our living room.

"Arilynn" I say a sly smile on my lips and she looked up at me as I buttoned the cuffs of my jacket, and slipped my hands into my pockets.

"Why are you dressed up so fanicily" she asks eyeing me.

"For the same reason I picked you out a dress which is laying on our bed" I reply and she tilts her head at me.

"What have you done?".

"I promised you dinner, we're going somewhere fancy".

I then watched her stand and walk off towards the bedroom though she glanced at me with a curious look.

Leaning against the back of the couch I waited for her to come back out though I had made sure someone was there before us which as expected was Lucian and Amelia.

When I heard Arilynn coming back down the hallway she wore a black dress that was a shallow neckline with thin straps that crisscrossed in the back. She'd also put on light makeup, and a pair of three inch heels.

"You look gorgeous Arilynn" I say, a smile playing at my lips.

"You look handsome Nathanial" she replies a coy smile capturing her lips.

"Let's get out of here, before I give into my desire to ruin your makeup in the living room of my penthouse" I exhale pushing my ribald urges to the depths of my mind where they could possibly vanish.

"Later you can do that" Arilynn says following me to the lobby where I had stopped and stared at her with my eyebrows raised.

I forget how bold she can be at times.

"Pick the R8" she whispers wrapping her slim arms around my torso and staring up at me.

"Alright then" I say picking up the key and using my hip to shut the drawer before we entered the elevator and travelled down to the garage level.

Our steps reverberated around the room as we walked and I couldn't help but look over at the girl beside me who despite her stature and tendency to appear shy, seemed to have morphed into a prime representation of confidence, as she matched her step with mine.

Opening the door to the R8 I slipped inside and started the car being reminded all over again why I liked this car so much.

Doesn't help that I buy cars because of the amount of cynics I know.

"Ow, is this car straight piped".

Looking down from my girlfriend to the tab by my foot that was displaying a green light I looked back at her and nodded.

"The valves weren't closed last time it got driven, so I apologize for forgetting" I say as she got in beside me.

Driving out of the garage I slowed at the top of the ramp looking around over the hood before speeding off towards the restaurant that wasn't actually that far away from where Arilynn and I lived.

The drive was also relatively peaceful though I would admit I was using shoulder checks as an excuse to look at Arilynn. Reminding myself all over again how lucky I was to have her.

Minutes later I pulled up to the curb I stopped behind Lucian's Porsche that was reflecting the lights from the restaurant front.

Getting out of the car I walked around to the passenger side and opened the door for Arilynn who got out and looked around at street around us before we all were on the side walk.