Chapter Fifty Three

Walking through the halls and attempting to ignore the stinging feeling trickling up my arm like water I heard the chime ring and class change began leaving the halls to become filled with students all swarming the free space I'd been enjoying whilst walking to my first class of what had been that day to go apologize.

I then saw the door open and students came out talking or more like chattering, the silent mouthed ones inserting headphones to block out all sound from their peers. Arilynn was dressed in one of many Columbia jumpers that I owned though always seemed to be on her either in private or when she didn't feel like dressing in anything fancy. So here the world was blessed with my girlfriend my favourite grey sweater and black jeans as she walked through the halls.

Standing in front of her she then stops and people moved to funnel around us.

"I got in some trouble, I'm on my way to apologize, just wanted to ask you how class was, and if you wouldn't mind telling our Structuralization prof I will be late".

"Yes I will do that for you, also it was fine you did a number on him, he seemed a little bit shaken. Oh and you are going to explain why you are so irritable, along with the wrapped hands" my girlfriend says pulling her dark hair up into a bun.

"A bun things are getting serious" I tease with wry smirk before she glares at me.

"Don't go Latina on me, it was a joke".

"Handsome fucker" she mutters and I give her a quick hug.

"Go to class love, I'll be there in a few" I say separating from her and rejoining the tide to get to the door and unoccupied classroom.

Stepping through the doors I shut the open one and turned to my professor who was packing up the previous classes notes and setting them to a growing pile by the edge of the wooden desk.

"Sir, I came to apologize" I state not really wanting to hold him up or be late.

My words pulled his attention to me and I stood straighter awaiting a response from Mr. Burnsdale who looked up at me and seemed to regard me for a moment before his eyebrows furrowed and he crossed his arms.

"Nathan, alright then what is the apology?" he opens and I take a few steps forward.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier in class, the outburst, and the mocking, for that I am sorry. I am also sorry that wasn't paying attention to what you were explaining, and instead found drawing to be a better use of my time then the education I paid for".

"And I'm sorry for the assumption that you were another spoiled kid. I've taught many but the fact you openly said what you did without once bringing up using your family name unless to defend it speaks to your character. You're a bright student. Also what did you do to your hands?".

I then let out a sigh, "forgiven, also I'd say my wrapped hands are retribution for being an ass" I mutter darkly.

"You know I met your father back in the day, I'd gone into New York and I ended up just outside Winters Group Tower mostly out of curiosity but also because everyone knew that that logo meant. He's a good man, and poured hundreds of thousands into this school over the years. Made all of our jobs easier for placing the children of alumni like yourself".

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't like spoiled kids either thought it doesn't help I drive a sports car to school every day" I admit with a hum and Mr. Burnsdale nods with an amused smile.

"Anything else you needed from me Nathan?" he asks before the door opened and students started to file in.

"No sir, I need to get to class anyways" I reply and turn leaving before using the vacancy of the wide halls to jog to my next lecture and arriving with time to spare or so I thought as the bell sounded as I stepped foot in the doorway.

"Saved by the bell" I mutter and make my way up to where Arilynn sat though I heard the mutters around me of people talking about if I'd gotten into a fight or not.

No idiots I punched something till I bled which isn't any better at all.

I also didn't have a single reason to fight anyone in this school, especially with my honour code.

As I sat down our professor began talking revealling a large chart for her to lead with for todays lecture though once again I was likely to feel like I was coasting by with the fact I'd gotten so used to all of this stuff in the past seven months of being CEO at Nexus.

What I hadn't told anyone though was that my dad had begun giving me small pieces of responsibility for Winters Group which had helped him be able to spend more time with my mom wherever they chose. What I did know was that they hadn't come back to New York yet, sailing around the tropics on the Skoteino was more appealing; which in all honesty I'd prefer to be yachting as well.

Just something to look forward to when I did become CEO being able to do some of the things I liked just not all.

My parents didn't really hide the fact that their lives had mainly consisted for years of just the company, and nothing else for the first six years of their lives. The wrench in all of that was me, so of course by the end of the year I was born they had fully adapted to being able to raise a child.

What a surprise my sisters must have been in just shy of two years after.

The thought makes me snort and my professor turns with her lips pinched together to look up at me, her eyebrows raised.

"Did you have a comment for the hall, Nathan?".

"No sorry miss, just clearing my sinuses" I say dismissively while gesturing with my freehand since the other was occupied holding the stylus for my notepad which was being supported by my knee on my left leg which oddly enough was facing Arilynn's which looked tiny against my size eleven feet.

"Ah, well if needed please step out next time" she says before continuing to explain the lecture.

"What were you really laughing about?" Arilynn asks glancing at me through the glasses she wore. I'd learned she needed glasses to read small writing and apparently mine doesn't help yet her doctor has said her eyes are almost normal. That was a revelation during the six days after getting back to Boston.

The minor problem was it made her look fucking adorable when she wore them, and I felt like the nerdy kid center row in middle school crushing on the head cheerleader in some cheesy rom-com.

Yes I get bored and watch them sometimes. Doesn't make me less of a man for doing so. The cheesy aspect is funny to me.

"How my parents had me and changed their lives for it then my two sisters appeared within the next two years. We changed their lives and it will be funny to me that my parents should really have had only one kid based on how our family tree works yet nineteen years back then in the three that followed they had the devils of New York City".

"Scarlett had mentioned how Derek called you a bit like a wolf looking for scraps, and you just accepted it by saying being called the wolf of New York wouldn't be so bad" Arilynn says looking over at me, and I just smiled softly.

"It wouldn't my family has long been viewed in high regard by New York's populous and I have zero qualms with them all labelling me that" I admit with a shrug.

"Of course you don't, also why the hell did you do to your hands?".

"I went to the boxing arena here on campus and didn't have any gloves so I bare handed punched the bag".

"I hope it was worth it you can barely write".

"I'm fine Arilynn" I say glancing at her and giving her a smile. "Promise" I add and she just gives me a side eyed look.

"I feel like your mother" she remarks.

"Mommy" I quip and she elbows me.

"So fucking weird".

"I love you too mi amor".

This time I get an eyeroll and I just laugh before returning all of my focus to the front of the room so that I don't get in trouble twice in a day.

Alright this was fun chapter to write for me, tell me what anyone who is in school is looking forward to this coming term, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace