Chapter Seventy Eight

Today Arilynn and I were taking our Friday trip to the Hamptons to have dinner with my parents. We were just a few miles out from Southampton while Arilynn sat post the hour she had spent in her vanity room getting ready to go.

We had made this into a common occurrence at least once a month. It was also a nice way to spend time with my parents especially since my sisters had moved out and we all lived in separate houses. Isabella lived in Staten Island, and Abigail in Tribeca. It was a rare occurrence for all of us to be at one house and it didn't often happen hence why these dinners only happened once a month.

As I pulled down the driveway of the house I stopped behind my sisters vehicles before getting out and shutting the door to the Aston before going around and opening the door for Arilynn to get out.

Once she was out I pushed the door shut and walked with her up to the front door of the house where I simply opened the door and let myself in a habit I will admit came from my dad.

"Just like our father" Izzy says and I just cast her a nonchalant smile.

"Whoops" I shrug before taking off my shoes and walking into the living room to find Abigail and Julian settled along with my parents and August.

"So August what is it that you are doing for work?" my dad asks leaning back while cradling a glass of what I'd assume was his favourite scotch.

"Took over the family shipping business, but I also am managing a few smaller ventures, hoping to expand into other areas of the transportation Industry" he responds.

"Looks like my sister is dating a rival of Lawrence Transport" I muse and August looks over at me before shaking his head.

"Nathan Giovanni makes maybe what you make quarterly in a year" August says.

"That's still twelve billion a year" I point out.

"Boys no money talk" my mom says and I nod as a sign of recognizing the request. "What about you Arilynn, how is transforming Hamilton Industries?" my mom redirects to my girlfriend who now stood next to me.

"Good, slow change but my parents have been slowly more and more welcoming to the change that I wanted. Sort of playing devils advocate with that, but they accepted it" Arilynn says resting her head on my shoulder.

"What about the quiet Mr. Vaughn, what can he provide for my daughter?" my dad probes leaning forwards and I exchange a look with my sisters to not warn Julian that our father was messing with him.

"Electronic fabrication is going well, I'm certainly the poorest in the room but I just want a good life to do my best to provide for Abigail" Julian says.

"I can move a few percent around so you're the breadwinner" I tease and a pillow flies across the room".

"Nathanial, I have half a billion in assets that need to be paid for don't you dare" Abigail says and I just laugh.

"It was joke, both the percentage, and my dad asking about you Julian" I say.

"Ah" Julian says before blushing.

"What kind of things do you like to do Julian, in your spare time?" I ask so that my dad can hear the same things that I did.

"I recently got into guns" he says and my dad lifts his eyebrows.

"Favourite one?" my dad asks with a small smirk.

"SKS" Julian says before I answer, "M4".

"That's because you would single handedly breach a building to protect anyone in this room" Izzy remarks staring pointedly at me while I just smirk.