Chapter Twenty Seven

Walking out of the steaming bathroom, the timed fan still running, and a towel tightly wrapped around my waist I walked into my closet scanning the rows of clothing until I found an appropriate suit to wear for the meeting I was meant to be attending in an hour.

Picking a four piece Italian cut suit I walked back out into the dressing area of the house before putting on the chosen chelsea grey suit with black undershirt, tie, and cufflinks.

I then went back to my bathroom and did my hair in a way that made me look mature rather then douchey before heading downstairs where Arilynn was already dressed with her heels on prepared for the meeting she was also going to.

"What am I allowed to take?" she asks gesturing to the six keys in a hammered copper bowl.

"Anything as long as you don't crash" I reply taking the older of the two Mercedes keys, and I watch her take the fob for the Range Rover.

"Nathan" she calls out and I stop to turn and look at her.

"You look handsome but you're missing something" Arilynn smiles before gesturing for me to stay as she ran upstairs making me bite my lips to stop myself from chuckling or full on laughing.

When she came back she was holding a Rolex Submariner II.

"Put this on" she says fastening it to my wrist and pulling the layers of my sleeve down so they were even once more.

"Thank you Arilynn" I say reaching up and cradling the side her face which she leaned into a smile gracing her lips.

"You're a wonderful girl, I'm glad I met you. Also we have to go our meetings are in forty minutes" I say and retract my hand before doing a quick pat check that I had everything.

"Yes we do" she hums and we both are out the door directly after.

The morning is cold, like the days fall is setting in with the changing colour of the leaves and the low lying fog in the wisps of morning light. It was stunning and a small part of me wished it stayed like this all year but could get up to early summer temperatures during the day.

Not how weather works my mind teases me, and I silently wonder if anyone else has a brain that just randomly comments on things in their head.

As I got to my chosen car the SLS Black Series a car both my dad and I adored, I lifted the gullwing door and got into the vehicle pulling the door back down with a slight bang.

Not long after Arilynn had pulled out of the garage and we both were off as the doors timed out and closed.

My only worry about this car in the weather was that the road had a layer of permafrost on it, and I drove like a little bit of an asshole.

I'm my father's son that's for sure.

By the time I got to the twenty floor building that had been bought and renovated to be a functional office building for Nexus. However fourth quarter meeting was here and since things had been achieved early it seemed best to do it now so that we have more time to do the rest of the years tasks.

I'd adopted a few strategies that I learned about both from reading and online research so that I wasn't a shitty CEO. I wanted to manage my company well and that meant being able to correctly go through the structure of what my vision looked like without any of the collateral damage that came from all of it should a mistake be made.

Pulling up to the glass building that bore the Nexus logo on an inset marble wall with it metallically placed into the steps that went up to the front door.

Parking I got out locking the car as I did so before heading up to the doors and having them slide open as I crossed the lobby my shoes tapping the floor with each step.

"Good morning, I was hoping you could direct me towards the meeting room for ten. Inform anyone else that Nathanial Winters has arrived" I say to the receptionist who nodded.

"Top floor the meeting room is in the far left corner".

"Thank you I say before nodding and walking away towards the elevator which sat behind the reception desk wall that had a waterfall built into the surface.

Stepping onto the car I pressed the top most button and watched the doors close. The ride was swift mostly because twenty floors weren't that much compared to the acrophobic height of Winters Group Tower.

Eventually the doors opened and I walked out while adjusting how I looked before navigating the top most floor of the building though I found it to be quite small then again I was privilaged to have seen luxury.

I also was aware of how I lived, I had a better start then most and that made it all the more easier especially since there was only so much that one could experience before knowing that life was better for some.

As I entered the office it was more clear based on the oval table being filled all the way around, sly and devious looks resting on their faces.

So they thought they'd outsmarted me.

"Good morning gentlemen, I see everyone found their chairs. Don't worry about me having one I sit to much anyways" I say walking around the room with my right hand in my pocket the other I left out so I could gesticulate freely.

"I wanted all of you here to discuss the possibility of spreading my company global. In four months I've brought this company to be worth eight billion dollars though that is a small amount of what it could be should this software technology be taken to the global stage. What I'd need from you all is to invest your money into this expansion project. You all would be taking on a four percent stake each, as I don't like the idea of all of you taking large stake of my company individually" I explain looking around at all of them, though what they didn't know was that the agreements all of them would sign had some very specific pieces in them, some I would explain later.

"What this expansion will mean for me, is that my company could expect a one thousand percent growth by the end of the coming fiscal year. That's eighty-four billion dollars gentlemen. Think about that your four percent investment in this one deal could make all of you upwards of three point two billion dollars" I say halting at the end of the table and firmly gripping the back of the chair that in a normal meeting would have been mine.

"What about these documents they're very detailed and I had my lawyer look through it, so would you mind explaining it all to us" one of the men closer to the opposing end of the table requests.

"For the contract to begin you all will be funding me ten million dollars to start the expantion. Should you keep the contract for the full year period you will have the option to get a payout, that offer is open on the last day of every month unless I decide to terminate your contract meaning that I will keep the investment, however that would be for my companies financial safety should yours ever be at risk of bankruptcy or I find that you are not an investor I wish to associate my company with. Nexus Software is to better programming and technology. Principle is very important here" I elaborate moving from my place to slowly circle the room.

"There is also a built in NDA that states that this discussion and the contents and terms of the agreement remain within this room and only to be discussed in private around those that are also present here today. That would also be a reason for contract termination".

"You remind me of your father Nathan he, was always this cautious".

"Except it's not Adrian Winters that you are about to sign a potential markup investment with. Though Winters Group never in the history of ever has allowed anyone to hold investment of that company. My dad insisted it be built with internal success" I muse.

"I'll sign Mr. Winters, I look forward to our future business together" one says uncapping his pen and signing on the dotted line soon followed by various others until I had a neat pile of folders, and an expansion budget of two hundred million dollars. Though I had a feeling I would be holding a lot more money then I would know what to do with by the time this contract was over.

That does it for today's update, may work on some of TSH though since I kinda want to get some of the initial plot set in place for that story. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️