Chapter Twenty Eight

Scarlett Louviere

I had driven all the way to Greenwich to see Nathan just to meet him and nothing else. Though possibly being able to talk to him seemed like it could be a good idea.

Rolling over onto my stomach I stared at my phone wishing that the time wasn't what it was and I could actually go back to bed.

Fucking time.

I then got out of bed and grabbed the robe off the wall before heading to the window of the room in the Jace Asher Hotel waterside to the marina.

Staring out at the water I noticed the greying clouds, and the gathering rain that was falling on the city.

Running my hands through my hair I then walked off to the bathroom and undressed to get into the shower so I could go to Starbucks and wake up.

Washing my hair and cleaning off what was likely left from me driving here yesterday. I informed Derek that I'd arrived here and not long after I got a response saying he was going to be here by tonight.

When I got out I dried off and walked out of the bedroom into the closet before getting dressed in something simple.

The irony was as I put on the black Louboutin heels, leggings, knee length skirt, and a wine coloured halter top, did I realize that this was the exact outfit I wore on the day I met Nathan.

That day was still burned in my mind, our banter, and how he treated my arm for the bruise he caused. The polarity of how he could jump between being indifferent and caring always struck me as odd but that was who they all were. The Winters Family would never be anything aside from their confident power aura surrounded selves in public and only in privacy would the soft side come out.

Makes sense how Nathan said it takes a special kind of person to love them.

Whoever Arilynn Hamilton was I hope she knew what she was getting into. I wished Nathan nothing short of the best, that was the positive to the agreed split, there was nothing wrong but I wouldn't deny that I was intimidated by him. Nathan was his father and however toned down everyone seemed to think they were I wasn't so sure. Adrian internalized his emotions and could masterfully exert them. Nathan hadn't done that or couldn't so he was more emotionally scary rather then physically, however he would never release that anger at or around the people he cared about unless to protect them.

Nathan was a modern dangerous man but not necessarily for me. I mentally could never move past how I was lesser to him, which wasn't his fault he tried, he did his best to make me comfortable, and for the most part he succeeded.

I then walked into the bathroom and began doing my makeup before packing it up neatly and leaving the room to go down to the ground floor of the hotel.

As I walked out of the sandstone and wooden lobby before beginning to make my way along the sidewalk that was when I heard the bass from behind me and turned to see a gloss black Aston Martin with caramel interior that could only be Nathan's, especially with him dancing in the front seat of the car.

This billionaire is something different.

Pulling down a street I hear the growl of his car vanish and all I can think is how four months apart he has completely changed his life. He wasn't Thornbrooks quiet polo captain that would challenge people. Nathan had become no less formal but he had definitely become more mature. He was the CEO for his own company, he'd made himself known.

It wasn't shocking at all to me, he never broke away from his goal to make his company over summer. I was proud of him even as a bystander to his success.