Chapter Sixty Six

The following night I was driving Arilynn to the airport. The night was cool, and the night was clear, creating a perfect back drop for the thousands of stars across the sky.

I'd also begun doing more and more of my schooling online since I was working through most of the day, and I had to get more and more of Nexus prepared to be linked to Winters Group. There was also the process of showing Mathew how to manage every area though there was the reoccurring habit of him having come up with a way to do each of the problems, thus further making me perfectly fine with allowing him to be the Executive Director of Nexus with an average salary of forty million a year which was more then enough for whatever lifestyle he wished to live.

I'd had a full interview with him to make sure that I way both paying him in the correct amount. That part remained unknown to him, and that I could best utilize his skills while giving him time to attend to him young wife and two twin boys at home.

He was a mere six years older then myself, and it struck me for a moment how I was still this teen adult, while most of my staff were in their early twenties and worked extremely hard for where they were. I'd done my own hard work but it still made me think about how unfair the world was to most. It brought to me the quote by Josh King that said men in suits look successful until you realize they work for the men in pajamas.

How true that is.

There were exceptions to the fact that a lot of very successful people still went into work each day but there was definitive truth to that. I could travel to wherever I wanted in the world, the only problem was that Winters Group would soon be mine to take over, and I needed to start working on the projects to bring Voulge to fruition.

I'd bought a series of pre-vietnam hangers where I could build a bunch of warehouses for creating material holdings while another part of the area could be factories and the main public access area would be offices and meeting rooms. I'd talked to my dad and he had agreed to turn the massive research complex towards the border of Massachusetts into the main headquarters for Voulge Industries.

What I had also done was start to mentally compartmentalize the things that would be needed, and because I wanted to make advanced weapons I would need to begin to draw plans and designs for the missiles, and bullets needed to be made.

"Are you okay, you seem kind of distant, or at least distracted" Arilynn says and I slow to a stop at a light as she says this.

"No, just thinking is all. I am trying to put all of my ambitions into perspective, and also make sure that I can spend time with you because that is important to me, and I'd hate to lose the ability to be around you from my work".

"You won't lose me, but if you want spend the next few days power working, get a ton of stuff done since I know it's important to you. Then when I get back from Seattle we can spend time together. I'll smother you in kisses and make you watch a whole season of some show I'll probably find" Arilynn says with that pure smile that made me feel like I was about to reach cloud nine.

Turning away from her I looked at the light as it changed and drove off along the road towards the airport and into the drop off area. Moving out of the lane I was in I purposely did a pull along the road and slowed before the pull off area and parked between two family van's.

"You drive a Bugatti like it's a beater and can be replaced easily" Arilynn laughs and I just smirk before revving the engine.

"I have enough money to pay for one, it's only two million dollars for a new Veyron Supersport" I say feigning superiority and she gives me a flat look, one comparible to my own.

"You're not that much of a priss" she says before I unlock the car and get out so that I could give her a hug and a kiss before she leaves to the other side of the country.