Chapter Forty Three

If Nathan told me that he'd come to Marbella to play golf and secure business deals I'd have told him that he was the most old money it could get, and that I'd beat him at playing but I couldn't not when he was standing at the tenth hole now and was winning. I'd been score keeping throughout the game and was here to learn how Nathan's life would be working once he was graduated Harvard.

The person Nathan was talking business with was Jose Perez a man in his early twenties and had a securities and asset management firm so this would seem like a deal made in heaven for Nathan since it would later allow him a place to put his own investment portfolio though I had a feeling the Winters likely had their own private banker.

"Jose, let me remind you that I have a secure software company, we are new to the market however I want to offer you my assistance in keeping your own interests with yourself. You need someone to make sure all of the highly personal and complex dealings around peoples money and investments, that you manage remains that way, just with a veil of protection" Nathan says before twisting and striking his ball before watching it sail through the air and land on the other side of the tree line.

"Good shot Nathanial, also I have considered it and it is an appealing deal" Jose says rubbing his stubbled jaw as he considered which tee he wanted to use to start.

"What are your conditions Jose, I'm sure we can come to a reasonable agreement".

"I have over twenty locations around Spain, Andorra, France, and Italy. Very important cliental I can't lose those deals".

Crack. Jose's ball flies nearly as far as Nathan's disappearing as well though it remained in view.

"Beautiful line, you might just match me on par".

"You've had Eagle seven out of nine holes" Jose says looking over at Nathan who smiled lightly but still remained humble, "and Par the other two".

"You've had Par on each hole. Also I spend summer in Palm Beach golfing and making bets, it's twelve years and counting" Nathan says sliding into his golf cart next to me.

"Then I guess you know when to make a bet" Jose says smiling lightly.

"If you want to hedge this deals acceptance we can. How about if I get another Eagle the deal is accepted, and we can talk about percentages before our next shot. And if I miss I have to go to someone else for my chance of expanding".

"I'll take that bet Mr. Winters" Jose says walking over to our cart and extending his hand towards Nathan who removed his glove.

"Deal Mr. Perez, for let's say a fee of what, fifty thousand for location per month".

"For a server room I'd need about two hundred of what you have since they have to be put in for each server box, so I think this just turned into a six billion dollar deal" Jose smirks as Nathan takes his hand.

"I'll take that" Nathan says accepting Jose's hand and the two men shake on it before moving on to the next hole, all the while I smiled holding in the want to laugh at the wealthy humour attached to making deals on a golf course.

"What's so funny?" Nathan asks looking over at me and I turn to look at him.

"The cliché of you making a six billion dollar deal on a fucking golf course" I laugh and he just looks ahead while shaking his head.

"I suppose it is a bit ridiculous isn't it. It's just how it is sometimes I guess. A custom that isn't disputed or questioned. The alternative is me setting him up in the office of Nexus Headquarters in Seattle and presenting the deal in a blackmail-esque way" he replies.

"You blackmailing people, I can't picture it".

"People do it all the time to get there way in the business world it's bullshit" Nathan mutters before we got to the spot where the balls should have landed and only found one accounted for.