Chapter Fifty Two

It was after class one day and unfortunately I'd been late that morning so my spot in the auditorium was taken by my sisters who had warmed up to Arilynn and were talking quietly to one another though she was periodically looking at me all morning.

"Mr. Winters are you paying attention" our professor inquires bringing me out of my drawing of the girl across the room laughing and smiling, along with who had sent me a picture of herself from that morning for me to draw, the words for you to keep written on it.

"Not with my eyes sir, I am drawing a picture of my girlfriend, however I have noted a few things about your lecture today that I found quite intriguing" I say without removing my stylus from the page.

"I get that you may have had a paid education to get into this institution but how someone could be so lazy and come from such a long line of money is completely unbeknownst to me".

"I see why your wife left with your kids, you couldn't remove the cactus up your ass. Though I see my attendance also isn't of value" I mutter under my breathe.

"Mind speaking up" he presses.

"Mind keeping your mouth shut about my family" I quip finally looking up at him, "or would you like to remind everyone you're teaching a room full of intellectuals, and scholars. Or perhaps you could be enlightened to the fact that neither of my parents attended Harvard Institution. My mother graduated from New York University, and my father never attended any post-secondary instead he went on to make the most successful business of the twenty-first century. While you who is older then both of them teaches students who will go on to become more then you. A few in this room who come from long prestigious lines of people with heritage and money that have more respect for their opposing families then you have towards me. I paid for my own hundred thousand dollar diploma, I know it's difficult though for you to grasp having nothing better to do aside from be a prick, and insult your own fucking students" I add. "So mind your own fucking business".

"Go to the Dean's office right now" the professor seethes and I simply sigh.

"Gladly" I say with a prudish smirk and collect my things before heading towards the door before stopping and turning back to him.

"Oh and one final thing, if you ever mention my family lineage as a comparison to myself or my sisters, I will have you removed from ever stepping foot in a lecture hall every again, and you can go back to teaching high schoolers" I chide before leaving the room, and slamming the door shut behind me.

Was I rude, yes. Did I care, absolutely the fuck not.

I would go back later to apologize, it's who I was after all, I would accept my wrongs and right them, but I wasn't going to allow myself to be disrespected.

Getting to Dean Datar's office I politely knocked on the door well aware I had broken etiquette rules though I didn't care.

"Enter" he calls and I push open the door to the wooden office where the Dean sat behind his desk, with his hands folded.

"Nathanial" he greets.

"Please sir, just Nathan will do" I correct stopping behind one of the chairs. "May I sit?".

Dean Datar blinks once before gesturing across from himself.

"Please do" he says in accented English, and I sit setting my leg on top of my left knee before folding my hands and relaxing my shoulders to look more confident rather then small and meek.

"Would you mind explaining why your professor sent you down here?".

"I broke a Harvard conduct rule" I state knowing that at any point I'd be asked to give my piece. It was something I'd grown accustomed to. The inquiry into choices, which the more one remained simplistic in response, the more one would end up with power to hold the conversation, or single interaction.