Chapter Seventy

Scarlett Louviere

It was the beginning of Spring Break and I had already wished I hadn't come home. My parents wanted a divorce more specifically my mother who had already stated she would like her stake in Louviere Financial preserved so that she could at least gain some form of stability for getting me through university, not that I had much left.

I hadn't even gone downstairs yet and I knew I didn't want to, I'd been hiding in my room talking to Derek periodically since my dad wasn't that mentally stable in regards to the fact he was losing everything close to him to the Winters.

Never did I suspect what was really going on to be happening but I did know that there was something my dad had hidden from me and my mom, which I think she knew about now, and wanted nothing to do with same as me.

"Danielle, you're really going to leave me, now when we are losing everything, what are you some cheap gold-digging bitch taking my daughter, and my money!" my dad's shout could be heard from downstairs.

"Ken this isn't about the fucking money, it's about the fact that I want our daughter. She isn't just yours or just mine. I want Scarlett to have something to inherit from us when she graduates in four months. I also don't want her having to lose this life. The one we were supposed to work on to build together, but your fucking ignorance, and greed is going to take it from her" my mom retorts before I hear two steps.

"Also never call me a gold digger again, you know better then that, I was here when you had nothing, and I helped you to build this, I sacrificed a lot for you, and for her. So don't once think that this is all for my own good, and wants. Where would it have ended Ken, you went against Adrian and Olivia Winters, the whole of the world knows no one goes against them unless you want to be left with nothing. The Mafia doesn't even bother them, governments are reliant on their subsidiaries, and have been for twenty-five years".

"You're defending them, really Danielle. No one should have that amount of power besides, their son broke our daughters heart, and Winters Group pulled it's share. I'm breaking the NDA I signed but that's why we've lost everything".

"Adrian Winters wanted his share back likely because he figured out what you were doing. Nathanial is also a really nice boy, and was nothing but respectful. Their breakup was peaceful Scarlett told me, then asked to not tell you because she knew this was how you would react. She also has a new boyfriend and he is also quite lovely" my mom calls back her French accent taking over all words in her sentence.

Shifting in the balcony I waited for it to continue which after a moment my mom did keep going.

"You have lost the company we built together, the family we built together, you lost me, and you lost your daughter. She's likely up in her room and not going to come down unless you leave, or we stop arguing one of the two. This isn't good for her or us. But you can't see that past your greed and ambition. So pack all of your shit and leave, my lawyer will send yours a copy of the divorce agreement to look over with you".

I then heard my father move towards the stairs and tiptoed my way back to my room quietly shutting the door, and locking myself in the bathroom before sitting with my back to the door and a roll of toilet paper in front of me on the grey carpet as I sat and cried while hoping my father wouldn't try to come in here to yell at me.

As the shaking of my body quieted turning into subtle tremors I heard my door open and footsteps move to the bathroom door before stopping once more.

"Scarlett" my father says and immediately stop breathing.

"I know you're in there, and I'm sorry for all of this, but I'm leaving, I'm going to Seattle to end this all, I hope you finish your studies and get to see Louviere Financial whole again" he continues.