Chapter Thirty Two

The weeks passed slowly with our schedules being filled more and more as the weeks droned on and Finals crept near. Arilynn and I were often found sitting in one of our dorm rooms studying together and helping one another as best we could on certain topics.

Tomorrow was finals which meant we were all going to bed early that night though we were at her dorm and her roommates were a different breed entirely.

They were all party goers and there was nothing wrong with that I just wish that their preparations didn't involve my eardrums being subjected to their bad music taste and even worse singing voices.

Arilynn being the wonderful and kind girl she is asked them to quiet down so we could study not taking my piece of advice to tell them all to 'shut the fuck up instead of sounding like screaming chain smokers with their vocal cords dipped in fluoroantimonic acid'.

Which probably would have worked.

We were sitting with our notepads between us and quizzing one another based on them though we had roughly the same thing written for each point.

"So what is going on aside from your finals tomorrow?" Arilynn asks and I hum thinking about it since I had nothing that was really there to worry about.

"Nothing, prepare to go home to New York. Take you with me, I have to drive though so I get a three hour drive back to NYC in my Aston which I find extremely comfortable".

"Did your Bugatti go back home too, haven't seen it outside the frat in a month" Arilynn says.

"Yes it has, that unexpectedly for most people who don't own one, they find it the most comfortable. My dad loves them, think he has for a long time though".

"Your dad is only ever pictured with all kinds of cars though".

"Yes he is, what about your family I've never asked about them?" I puzzle while pulling my legs up to my chest.

"My dad is a chronic workoholic and if he isn't doing that he is showing me off as the show daughter for him and my mom's bettered image. My mom is just as busy as my dad but tries her best to be present as much as possible" Arilynn says before pulling in a breath, "my dad kinda scares me from time to time, and I feel like I'm under immense pressure all the time".

"You and my dad would get along, similar childhoods. Though his parents died when he was fourteen" I mutter mostly to myself but it reaches her none the less.

"I heard your sister say that being a Winters is having the curse of opportunity and the grace of solitude" Arilynn remarks and I laugh.

Probably Izzy.

"Which one said that?" I ask while continuing to laugh.

"Isabella" she says and I nod.

Knew it.

"It's a reflection of how we have so many things we can or could do, but we have to watch how we do it. My whole family is money on top of money, but scandal can be set off from things as simple as buying a new car or a new home. The other half is that because of the money we have, we can have solitude anywhere in the world since for periods we will make our lives look rented, just so that when it changes to permanent no one thinks we are really there" I explain.

"I wish. Though I just want a home that isn't stressful, don't really care about scandal, people will dislike you wherever you are" Arilynn says looking up at me.

"Can I ask for something really immaculate?" I inquire.

"Whatever you are about to ask, you just did. You have no need to worry about asking me something Nathan" Arilynn says reassuringly before folding her hands.