Chapter Thirty Five

Walking along the sidewalks of Fifth Avenue I began to see that not only did Nathan live in Midtown Manhattan in his own Penthouse, he also was living in one of the most luxurious areas of Manhattan.

New York was stunning in winter. People walked together dressed in warm coats and knit mittens, their work slowly fading away as Christmas and the New Year neared.

I had been keeping count of how much I spent on this trip for clothing and had asked Nathan to help me transfer the money from my account to pay him back.

But I will still insist on the cuddles and kisses, I couldn't say no to that.

Walking to the spot where I parked I pulled the fob from my pocket and used it to open the trunk so I wouldn't have to worry about trying to squish a bunch of bags into the passenger seat of Nathan's car one which I wouldn't doubt he took a lot of care of based on the condition.

I then slid the four bags I held into the back and closed the trunk before getting into the front seat so I could drive back to Nathan's penthouse which wasn't hard to spot from where I was.

Eventually I got back and pulled into the garage though I had to talk to Nathan's security in order to do so.

Parking I took the bags and shut the back once again before heading to the elevator so I could go up to Nathan's Penthouse.

Getting nine hundred feet up was just another marvel that I'd been exposed to here in New York but there still stood the one building I knew was here but only could look at if I went to the far back side of Nathan's penthouse.

The doors dinged and I stepped out only to smell the meal Nathan had been made and music playing as he cooked.

Deciding I'd go deal with my clothing then come see how dinner was going I walked off upstairs through the moderately toned penthouse. It was definitely not like many that typically got shown, those penthouses were bright and seemed modern while everything about Nathan's home reminded me of an expensive luxury hotel. Black wooden flooring, dark beige painted walls ring lights that I guessed were colour changing as I could tell that these ones were yellow hued but ones in the kitchen office and bedrooms were white.

Stepping into a bedroom on the south west corner of the penthouse I began hanging all my clothing in the small walk in closet directly off of the doors of the bedroom.

I'd decided it would also be nice to change slightly and picked out an dark olive green ribbed pull over which seemed comfortable enough but not like I was a semi-broke university student.

Crossing the room once I was done I began taking in the room as I settled near the window.

A large rug sat underneath the neatly made grey and bronze blanket of the queen sized bed along with a chair in the corner of the room and a hammered copper and black steel lamp similar to the one for the opening of Pixar.

The window wrapped the room letting me take in the night lights along with in the distance was the building not a single person in this city was unfamiliar with. Winters Group Tower was a symbol same as the One World Trade Centre not far away from it. There was however something that made the building brandishing the modern stylized W that could be recognized everywhere in the world.

"Taking in the representation of my family's success?" Nathan asks and I immediately turned my head to see him leaning in the doorway.

"Out of eight billion people I meet the son of the people who made the company associated with that" I say and he laughs moving to join me by the window.

"You're also dating him, what's mine is yours love, now come have dinner I really hope you like it" he says leaving his nearly silent footsteps the only cue to where he was.