Chapter Fifty Nine

Pulling into the garage once we'd gotten home I found the spot for the R8 and shut off the exhaust valve so that it wouldn't burst someone's eardrum.

Once I'd parked I got out of the car along with Arilynn before locking the doors and walking off towards the elevator with our shoes tapping against the concrete floors which reverberated in the garage.

Stepping into elevator I pressed the button for the penthouse, and moved to lean against the back of the metal transport.

"Why do I have a feeling you did actually get me something" Arilynn says looking at me with an inquisitory expression.

"And why do you have that feeling?" I ask acting dumb for the sake that I don't want her to think that I've planned further then the dinner.

"Because Zavier and Lucian have known you your whole life, and I've only known you eight months".

I shrug dismissively deciding it would be best to present the truth of that logical observation when handing her the gift.

As the elevator dinged I walked out and went quickly to my room to change but also so that I could move the gift where she wouldn't check. Like my duffel bags that sat under the bottom wooden shelf.

Slipping the matte blue wrapped box into the bag I stood and quickly unbuttoned my jacket before removing it and beginning to change into comfy clothing as Arilynn entered the room.

"You disappeared in here quick, were you going to shit yourself?" she laughs and I just give her a flat look.

"No, I'm dying of warmth, that restaurant was warm, and I'm in all black which is my fault" I deflect casually before squatting down to untie my shoes and remove them along with my socks so that I could find fuzzy socks to replace them with and comfy pants and a hoodie for Arilynn and I to fall asleep on the couch likely watching one of her favourite movies, though I wanted to let her decide how we'd spend the night together.

"Well what is the plan now Nathan?" she asks undressing and changing directly behind me.

"I was going to let you pick that" I say pulling on a white hoodie and slipping the box out of the bag I'd put it in a few minutes prior before slipping it into my hoodie pocket.

"Okay, I'll think about it" she says and I hum back a response before walking off to the kitchen where I checked the kettle for water and filled it before setting it to boil.

In the time while it began I set the box neatly on the living room coffee table, and went back to get two mugs that I put double tea bags in so that we actually would get the flavoring from them before having to remove them. Well Arilynn did, she didn't like hers getting too strong unlike me who would just leave them in for the entire time that my mug had water.

I liked the bitter final sip, as weird as that is.

When Arilynn did finally walk out I glanced at her before gesturing to what I had taken out of the fridge for us to put into our teas.

"Do you want anything?" I ask, and she stops to hum in thought.

"Just milk and sugar please" she says with a small smile and I nod before going back to making hers and mine, mine being completely black save for the small splash of cream and lone package of Splenda that I'd put in my mug which appropriately said Politely Go Fuck Yourself. Zavier helped me pick it out since he'd made a crude comment, and that was my response.

"Check the living room" I say as I lifted the kettle and pouring the boiled water into the two mugs along with mixing everything together.

Arilynn then skeptically walked across the open room to the living room before turning back to look at me as I leaned against the marble counter with my one hand propped on the right side of me after I'd placed her tea on the island.