Chapter Seven

Its finally the first day of class and I knew that beyond whatever I had done in the last year it was behind me and time to move on. Time to back out of my pain and sadness and just go to class get my degree, and take over the black office.

That was the casual nickname for the one thousand square feet my father's office in Winters Group Tower took up. It was the one place everyone feared entering. The better known one was the Wolf's Den or the Devil's Suite.

I saw it even on my drive to Boston, the influence my parents had. In the centre of the city was the Headquarters for one of eight subgroups my parents started all of which though successful never grew to the same power as WGI but how could they, half a billion dollars a day that company made my parents. It was mind blowing.

There wasn't weight though Nexus was my company and happened to be just as successful as I hoped it would be four billion dollars in two months, I was four hundred million wealthier.

I also wasn't the kid that everyone looked at for once and it only made me happier not being centre stage for once in my life.

Pulling into the lot rather aggressively before sliding out of the car and pushing the door shut I flicked open my sunglasses as the boys and I walked off towards the building.

I lied we got attention.

Crossing the lawns of the school where various people sat talking before their classes. Though a few began to look and the wonder of who we all were started to spread.

I don't want attention all of you fuck off.

Eventually we got to the front doors of the school before entering and beginning to wander pointedly through the hallway to the first lecture of the day.

I had taken business administration courses along with a leadership course that was entirely meant to help prepare me for what was to come. Though the President of the university Lawrence Bacow. He had been in direct contact with my family down to the deletion of my surname though it remained on school records a note was left to leave my lastname from being mentioned.

Not that there weren't people who knew who I was, that was inevitable however the whole point was to remain unnoticed and unengaged with whoever I could. Harvard business school would also give me the time to expand my interests since there were so few courses I needed to take over the next year and I wanted to at least do some stuff while here.

As usual I was also early to the school so we all had about ten minutes until class started. My early bird tendancy was likely because being early had never been viewed as a bad thing to do. I didn't share a morning class with the boys though. The loss of having another intellectual that could put up with me like Lucian wasn't lost to me, but I also got the chance to give a different reputation aside from being friends with three boys that were always known as being wealthy. The division of me not being around them would give me the freedom and reset I was hoping for at Harvard.

Standing outside of the lecture leaning against the wall was a girl dressed in black leggings closed toe flats, a plain white fitted top and a red, white, and black shacket, her ashy brown hair pulled up into a tight bun. the rest was french braided along her head and around the bun, held in place by hairpins that were almost unnoticeable against her hair colour. Her face was hidden as she was looking at her phone though I could tell that she wasn't from this side of the world, at least ethnically from the caramel colouration of her skin.

Getting to her I leaned opposite to her and the girl looked up at me completing the observable description of this mystery girl. A pretty diamond shaped face with dark brown eyes, a grecian nose that I couldn't call anything but cute, and small full rosy lips that were parted just enough for controlled breathing.