Chapter Forty Five

A week later I sat in the living room of my house with the glass panels all pulled back into the wall I listened to the sounds of Marbella while I sat at my piano with a cup of coffee sitting on top of the instrument.

Everyone was outside by the pool, Zavier and Theo had already set up the volleyball net over top of it and were playing rather competitively paired against August and Michael.

Lucian had told me the other day that Arden and Chloe had gone to Monaco and were focusing on building up connections there since both wanted to live in the French city state.

"Good morning" Arilynn yawns walking into the living room as I settled my fingertips on the keys and gently began pressing down on them allowing my mind to wander with the music that left the large black lacquered piano.

I hadn't played in a while and the noise was calming to me.

Music is just noise that is pleasant.

It was a quote I'd heard and I had a lot of quotes some my parents had said others that I'd found. I wanted that calm. The ability to separate work and personal life. That was the focus here in Marbella was simply to enjoy it all.

What I wouldn't deny was how much like my dad I was I knew the reputation he had and still I had realized that it took that special breed of person to do what my family did. The control, the caution, the cunning, the mild paranoia that made no one easily trusted and those that were long having earned it. I was just like him. I remembered how far I was willing to go and how I carried myself. I was just as much like Adrian Winters, though I had one small thing I knew that would plague me. I was quick to anger, I didn't think before reacting in the moment, I just would do it. 

The time that it took to make that conclusion didn't shock me either, life was a chess board and my family took every move with great consideration. I had often considered as I moved into my own business what New York would call me. My father was the devil, in theory it would make sense for his children to follow but we all were different. Abigail was much like our mom and was sweet, polite, and critically thinking, Isabella was the most cunning of all three of us, leaving me to remain quiet and the least trusting of all of my siblings, but also the one that they ask to protect them. I was the protector to remain silent and that was a role I'd taken to in my life with vigor.

Piano however was freedom, it was contribution of music that gave me the sanctum to be with just my mind, and the beauty that had been created so long ago I doubt historians could find a definitive date that music was invented.

"Good morning" Arilynn repeats and using the glass I found she was now closer to me with an amused smile over her lips.

"Good morning" I say as I play the final key of the song I was playing before turning back to look at her.

"That was a beautiful piece, what is it called?" Arilynn asks looking at me as she rests her hands on my shoulders, though all I could think about was how beautiful she was especially in the early morning light that was casting golden rays across her skin making it appear like she had a glowing tan complexion.

"Night by Ludovico Einaudi" I smile, "it's favourite of mine, though piano is going to be a common thing if you are going to stick around".

"Sounds like an added bonus to your track list of perfection" she says giving me an angelic smile.

"You flatter me love" I say before she quirks her eyebrows up for a split second and leans down to kiss me.

The kiss is short, filled with love, and for some reason I am wondering how she made her breath smell like vanilla without having come downstairs as far as I know.