Chapter Seventy Three

We all drove along a separate lane to make sure we all were in sight of Arilynn, as she left Escala the next morning driving my Model S Sportline.

Good taste Miss Hamilton.

"Damn Nathan, you should share your fleet with the rest of us" Zavier remarks over the shared call all three vehicles were in on.

"Zavier, do you ever act serious?" Scarlett comments, sounding slightly incredulous.

"Never" he replies and I roll my eyes while the accompanying scoff from Lucian followed.

"He hasn't been serious about something since he was four and flicked mud at me, and Nathan smeared some on Zaviers face an hair to get him back".

"My dad gave me ice cream for that" I smirk, remembering that memory vividly. I also remember giving everyone candy to share, and cleaning Lucian.

"Yeah, you did. Some things still haven't changed" Zavier says.

"Like how you're still a joker, and end up being chastised for being a dick in the process" Scarlett muses and I could hear the humour in her voice.

"Are we reminiscing or trying to look out for suspicious people trying to hurt Arilynn" I put in and I see Lucian give me a look that communicated his agreement with me from his side of the vehicle.

"I was simply admiring the scenery, beautiful city".

"Zavier, if my girlfriend gets harmed, I will personally put pieces of live cacti in every joint of your body and leave them in there to cause you excruciating pain for a month" I seethe and silence fills the call.

"Now you've done it" Lucian mutters and it's at that moment that I notice a black Maybach coupe driving through traffic. Sixty were made and I was more then aware most were in Europe so this was no coincidence.

"Scarlett, is that your dad?" I ask a lot calmer then I was. I was white knuckling the steering wheel.

"What does the number plate say?" Scarlett asks in return and I look over at Lucian who had zoomed in using his phone on the car.

"There isn't one" Lucian draws out.

"Use the mirror to take a picture" I recommend and he does what I say before sharpening the image and showing it to me.

"That's him" I say though it came out more like a growl, my anger bubbling to the surface before I look over to see Arilynn stop at a light and Kennith turn the corner.

"What is he going to do?" Theo asks.

"Something illegal probably, and we're going to stop it" I state, before lane changing to follow discreetly behind Kennith who had shifted up to the front of the cue of cars.

He's not going to do what I think he is, please no.

"He might be about to ram Arilynn's car" I say.

"I'm moving to block him" Scarlett says, "I've gone around to the opposite lane".

Just as quickly I watch the light change to green and Arilynn begins to move forward and just as quickly Kennith drives ahead with his wheels screeching just before I park the car and get out running through the traffic towards where the impending collision is.

As I cleared the third car I heard a bang and alarms go off, motivating me to run faster and see Scarlett in the Mercedes she was driving having taking the full brunt of the impact crumpling the cars mid section like an aluminum sheet. The airbags in both her car and Kennith's had burst out pinning both of them to their seats though Kennith was fighting against his.

Scarlett's car was some feet away having hit a lamp post and unfortunately been concussed upon impact with blood flowing from the contact point on the side of her head. Her dark brown hair stained black with a name sake tinge to the strands sticking to the impacted side.

Turning around I looked to Arilynn who had moved to the side nearest to the curb and parked before running over to where I was her phone already to her ear as she rushed a 911 call in panic.

"Yes, hello, there has been a collision on Union Street and Fourth, please hurry one man is trapped, and a girl is unconscious in her car, the man tried to ram traffic" she relays before noticing me and blinking a few times then looking closer to the people in aforementioned vehicles.

"Okay thank you" Arilynn says before hanging up and walking towards me as Lucian join us.

"Traffic won't be moving and Theo and Zavier and redirecting traffic away from the scene" Lucian informs.

"Thank you, Lucian" I say looking back to Arilynn, "are you injured?".

She then shakes her head, before shooting forward and wrapping her arms around me much to my surprise which is when I feel her shaking.

"Was he trying to ram me?" she asks and I rest my head with my cheek on the top of hers while holding her tightly.

"Yes mi amor, and if we weren't in public, I'd probably kill him for trying to harm you" I whisper.

"Did you know he was going to try to harm me?".

"That's why me, the boys, and Scarlett all came out here, to stop Kennith Louviere from harming you love" I say.

"Nathan, what do we do with Scarlett?" Lucian asks looking towards the injured French girl.

"Check her pulse" I say hearing sirens get louder in the distance as the ambulances, and first responders neared.

Lucian then walked across the road to the place where the Mercedes had stopped moving and opened the driver side door to reach over and feel for a pulse on Scarlett's neck.

"I-I can't tell" Lucian calls back and Arilynn looks up at me with a doe eyed expression that told me she had another way of knowing.

"Can you let go of me so I can check the way that you listen to my heart" my girlfriend says and I know what she'll do.

"Lucian block the view of those on the street" I direct as Arilynn walks over Scarlett, before placing her head against the place between Scarlett's breasts and gesturing for silence, though none of us said a word or made any noise.

"Her heart is beating just fine, but she should be sent to a hospital" Arilynn says as ambulances pull through traffic and stop along with police, and the fire department.

The moments after were a practical blur. All of us gave statements as Kennith was freed from the damaged Maybach, and Scarlett was loaded onto a stretcher to be put into the back of an ambulance while a head bandage was applied to staunch the wound.

We were all then asked to come to the hospital, we then all got into our separate vehicles while flatbeds arrived to take away the rental car and the Maybach both of which I said I'd pay for and gave the appropriate information to the rental company and the top company so that both could be dealt with.

The one appropriate time that 'throwing' money at a problem was allowed.

One by one we all arrived at the hospital and found parking before going in to await the report though all we got was to see Scarlett be wheeled off into the ER to be physically assessed and medically evaluated.

Sitting down in the recovery room of the Julia Marie Medical Centre, one of many hospitals that my family owned I looked around the sanitization scented room, and the pale grey plaster walls.

"What now?" Theo asks a worried look on his face as he looked around at us.

"We wait" Lucian responds as he opened one of the waiting room magazines with his legs crossed though air tapping with the supported foot.

"This fucking sucks" I mutter while Arilynn leaned against me.

"You can say that again" Zavier adds and I just slowly nod awaiting the enduring hours to come.

Okay so Scarlett is in hospital, this gets interesting -drums fingers manically- comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️