Chapter Thirty Seven

Tonight was the Winter Foundation Gala and it had been cleared of people though media had gotten to know it they were all rejected of being on property, and no one was allowed to take photographs or have media coverage.

Arilynn and I sat in the back seat of a Maybach sedan as it headed towards the venue where the event was going to be occurring.

All of is had agreed to be humble about our arrives no sports cars, what we had planned was getting to the venue at the same time so that twenty-two of us would arriving at the same time.

I could see the venue already people had lined their vehicles along the sidewalks and security had taken up postage around the area as my car turned and parked at the curb.

"Have a good night sir" my head of security says looking in the mirror at Arilynn and I, both of us giving her a smile before sliding out of the car and I immediately took a stony expression to go well with my midnight grey suit.

Dark suit, dark expression, don't care about the judgement.

The woman who followed after me looked beyond gorgeous to the point it had taken my somehow externally calm ass the whole car ride to get my heart to stop its erratic speed.

She had chosen to wear a black dress with a slit down the right leg of the dress with the lone strap making it asymmetric. Arilynn being the creative person she is had outdone herself on both appearance and choice of outfit.

This girl will steal the whole show tonight.

Taking her hand I moved with her into the line of people all of who came from money, or were associates. Anyone who was anyone was here tonight which technically made this Arilynn and I's official debut to the world of wealth. Looking along the row of cars though everyone else had arrived with or just after us and within a few seconds there was the entire Winters Family and our friends. It was also interesting to see my father in a tuxedo though it was as expected in charcoal grey while my mom wore a sophisticated looking navy blue dress.

All of us as a large group began making our way up the stairs conversation breaking out as we entered accepting our cards that put us at certain tables that likely would be private or in an upper echelon area of the venue.

"Nathan, looking good" Zavier says clapping me on the back while Lea gave him a look before shaking her head.

"Please remove your hand from my back Ambrose, or it will be broken" I say calmly and he quickly does placing it in his pocket before I smirked.

"He was joking idiot" Theo says.

"Suck a dick".

"Behave children or you can hang from the rafters with duck tape on your mouths" I seethe and I spot my parents and their own childhood friends exchange a knowing look.

"He's your son for sure" Hunter remarks a similar teasing smirk as his son plastered on his face.

"Just means a second me to kick your ass for speaking too much" my dad says and I see Hunter pale.

Yes I see how the cycle has also been inherited.

"Hunter you look sick" Mia fusses to her husband.

"He decided to speak when he shouldn't have as usual" Nico, who held my aunt Kate muses not far from where my dad stood.

"You boys haven't changed" Kate comments and both my dad and Nico regard her though it's my dad who speaks.

"Neither have you Katelyn" an amused look veiling over my dad's expression.

"Adri" Kate quips back and my father glares at her while no one says a word and my aunt looks forward again.