Chapter Forty One

Something that I'd found out the next morning was just how real estate was an all year occurrence for the Winters Family. Nathan had instructed his bodyguards to prepare for them to all go to Marbella Spain, where one of Nathan's homes were.

Coming downstairs I found him in the living room fully dressed with his left hand on his pocket while his right held his phone in front of him.

"Yes I need my Syren moved from Monaco to Marbella can you do that for me please. I need it there by tomorrow at six AM, can you make that happen for me?".

"Si señor, the yacht will be in Marbella's Harbour" I assume the Captain says.

"Wonderful you can expect a hundred thousand dollars once that is done" Nathan says.

"Thank you, have a good day Mr. Winters".

"You as well".

Nathan then hung up the phone and pocketed it, while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Good morning Nathan" I say walking into the room and over to him as he turned around.

"I hope you are comfortable, we have an eight hour flight to Marbella" he informs though I figured that was where we were going.

"Taking my little Spanish self to Spain" I muse teasingly as New Yorks sun lit up Nathan's features defining his height more.

"I don't want to be cold for winter, and I have my reasons for wanting to go to Marbella" he says a beautiful smile being my first gift of the morning, my second would likely be falling asleep on the jet there.

"I have a feeling you like Spain, Nathan".

"It's a lovely country. Definitely tops my list of places I'd live if I wasn't a CEO".

"How many places would you consider?" I ask and he hums I'm thought for a moment while contemplating his answer.

Nathan had the habit of biting his bottom lip in thought something all but Abigail seemed to do.

"Here obviously where I'll stay, London, where my family traditionally comes from, and Marbella. Never see winter if I lived there".

"I mean the trip to Marbella makes sense. While at the Gala heard a bunch of the younger heirs and heiresses talking about going to a resort south of the equator where they planned to golf all winter".

"That's the age old sign you made it in New York" Nathan says.

"And you don't go, why".

"Because at the end of the day going to Palm Beach would be all I'd accept, then again it's a very prestigious Country Club to join".

"Have you and your family joined?".

"Yes, we each own a shared home though all of them were bought secretly because there is one time of the year that New York's richest go there and it's in winter, we could be attacked or targeted if we aren't careful about our movements".

That hit me like a freight train. The family that rules the business world was afraid of being seen at a prestigious country club but then it occurred to me why. Nathan had mentioned the fact that they were under constant scrutiny and that anything could be used to tarnish their reputation.

"How do you hide that you attend a country club, when it would fit the family reputation".

"Because I live alone, and so do my sisters. Four eighty million dollar properties being snapped up would draw attention".

"Yeah I guess it would wouldn't it".

"So we did it secretly used shell companies to buy the homes we use to escape and if we do go to the same place we typically share since there are so many properties owned, had the cars windows tinted and got our security to take them in and out at random so they all get used and maintained. Make it look like people live there".