Chapter Twenty Four

Pulling up to the gates of Derek's house I slow down as I come down the driveway after the gate opened.

It felt weird being the only one aside from Derek's seemingly never present parents to be here.

He had told me a few moments earlier when I told him I was a minute out, that they were here.

Getting to the round motor court area outside the front door I neatly parked, and got out before grabbing my overnight bag and walking to the front door now in much more appropriate clothing to be meeting a friend and his parents.

As I got to the door I lifted my hand to knock but the door sprung open and I was met by a blonde woman who seemed awfully happy to see me.

"You must be Scarlett, right?" she says with a smile across her face.

She was pretty, seeming youthful aside from the small amount of wrinkling by her eyes, but aside from that she couldn't be any older then forty.

"Yes" I say not making a move to step inside even though the woman in front of me was of similar statue to myself and there was more then enough room should I decide to.

"Mom, let the poor girl inside" Derek says with a sigh. He was in plain white jeans and a matching T-shirt that made the black ink of his tattoos all the more clear.

I liked his tattoos they were a contrast against the white, and I'd definitely traced them when bored before. Just neither of us pushed anything with the other even if I wanted it.

"Well then, come in dear" she says moving aside so that I could step inside before shutting the door and locking it.

"Scarlett this is my mom Trishanne".

"Just call me Trish, it's faster" Trish says with another one of her welcoming smiles and I am allowed a look at what the house looks like clean, since the last time I was half asleep still.

"This is a lovely house you have" I say looking back at Trish.

"Thank you" she says wandering into the living room where her husband is sitting with his legs crossed with the remote resting in his lap.

"Kieran" the man looks up at Trish. He's thick bearded, though it's neatly trimmed, and crystal blue eyes look out at me and Derek who followed his mom into the living room.

"Derek, is this that girl you couldn't stop talking about" Kieran teases his son, and Derek smiles in embarrassment.

"Maybe" he exhales, and I find it endearing.

"So the bad boy has a soft side" I add to the teasing and he gives me a look that said 'really'.

"And they say stay away from dangerous men" Kieran remarks as what seemed like some sort of war movie played.

"You are one, someone with controlled aggression, it's exactly what most girls want. Unless they like controlling their man which some like on both sides. I'm just not one of them" Trish says as she walked into the kitchen to continue cooking a mean that was filling the house with herbal aromas from the seasoned food in front of her.

Looking at them for a brief moment I was reminded of the Winters siblings parents. Adrian gave off power and confidence, there were also stories that backed this that were public. Olivia was also a protector for her kids but Adrian was often more then willing to risk himself for his friends and family which made him a prime example.

Guess he passed that to Nathan.

I'd seen Nathan fight, and he didn't back down, he accepted what he did, and made short work of making it clear that he meant what he did. He controlled his emotions. Props to Olivia for having the more matured version as a husband and a softened version of how Adrian at Nathan's age for a son.