Chapter Six

Nathanial Winters

I tapped on the steering wheel of my car impatiently as I sat in heavy Boston traffic. Honking, and exterior chatter was muffled though would likely be deafening outside.

I hate rush hour.

I had taken the drive from the Hamptons to Massachusetts earlier that day and now sat behind a line of vehicles at five o'clock trying to get to the house.

Eventually getting to the light I stared at it as it changed from green to red and subjecting me and the three or four dozen people behind me to waiting.

Fuck sakes.

Changing again three minutes later, I sped off and then off towards the outskirts of Boston until I got to a fairly expensive neighborhood and pulled up a driveway to a home with cobbled brick walls with large black rimmed windows until changing to pale grey siding, or stucco, and black roofing.

The house itself made me think of what a comfortable life may look like. What it could be like. I had this bad habit of thinking about life post University even though it hadn't even started.

Parking beside a silver 911 Turbo, I slid out of my car and then noticed the license plate.

Opening the trunk of the car I took out my bags and then shut the boot before walking off to the front door of the house.

As I got within a dozen feet of the door it opened and Lucian leaned in the doorway looking at me.

He was just shorter than myself with fluffy brunette hair, and jade eyes that seeped with intelligence sat behind round aesthetic glasses.

"Hey Nathan" he says as I set down my bags.

"Lucian Harrington" I reply before a quick hug was exchanged.

"Hugging!".

Shit.

Turning to the source I was careened into by the dirty blonde haired Theo Niles dressed in salmon coloured shorts a white dress shirt and a pool floaty.

"Get the fuck off me Niles" I seethe while Zavier Ambrose laughed beside Lucian who was giving him a warning look with raised eyebrows.

"What are you laughing about Ambrose?" I ask peeling Theo off me.

"Run" Lucian sighs stepping aside as I went after Zavier more to scare him then anything.

Running through the wooden floored hallways of the house with a few shades specked through along with a lot of stone and brick work with expensive art and leather furniture. The house reminded me of a 1800s manor just modernized and smaller. It was quite comfortable.

Getting out to the back of the house I caught Zavier and in one move tripped him at the same time he tossed his phone onto the grass, before he fell into the pool creating a large splash.

"Damn" Theo says, "please don't do that to me".

"Don't touch me without my permission, and you won't have to find out if you qualify" I remark watching a drenched Zavier climb out of the pool.

"I feel uncomfortable" he says grabbing both towels and unfolding them before stripping and wrapping the towels around himself.

"Sorry Ambrose" I say as he passed me.

"Also does someone want to inform me who all is staying here?" I ask walking back inside the kitchen where Lucian was making a lime margarita for all of us.

"The four of us, August Giovanni, Julian Vaughn, and Arden Lennox. The De'Loughry's are in Boston too" Lucian says almost nonchalantly though we all knew the history to the aforementioned family.