Chapter Thirty Nine

The car stopped outside the building that started what was now known as Billionaire's Row.

Pushing open the back door I slid out thanking my PPO and silently striding up the stairs into the glass paned building that rose above most structures in New York.

Crossing the lobby and removing my jacket since I didn't want to be overly warm and I did it out of respect since my parents would already be stressing about whatever they were about to tell us.

"Winters residence" I say and the receptionist gives me a weak smile that almost seemed remorseful before the elevator doors opened and I walked in pressing the top floor button.

Staring out the back of the building I looked over downtown New York at it all. This was after all the view I'd have for every day of my life after I graduated.

I'd come up with some ideas for expansion and that was all I could do or else I'd end up making Winters Group more powerful then one business ever should be though no one had succeeded to date in closely matching WGI.

The company that secretly ruled the world and no one noticed.

That however carried all the weight it needed. It was something I'd never rob my parents of they were tight lipped about their pasts but the success, and how me and my siblings turned out spoke for itself.

Reaching the top of the building the doors slid open and I walked out into the expensive penthouse that despite its stark appearance and tones had always been comfortable much like how the house in Waccabuc was.

Lamp light from both sides of the living room provided dim illumination, along with the kitchen light.

My dad stood by the window changed now from his suit to a turtleneck shirt instead of the layers of tailored fabric.

My mom also changed sat in the lone chair that typically was taken by my dad. Tiffany and Logan sat on the couch next to one another while Vanessa and my sisters were on the opposite side of the couch.

The room was the epidemy of silence no one moved or shifted. It was deafening.

Even a mute isn't this quiet.

"I am here, what is going on?" I ask walking into the living room area and finding a seat by my siblings and Vanessa.

The latter's parents were nervous, their faces paled and a hard swallow succeeding a rotation of hand wringing.

"We have kept a pretty big secret from all four of you. It's a big one simply didn't know how it would be taken" Logan says.

"It was agreed by me and Tiffany that we wanted a kid not long after an incident between your parents and an old friend that turned out to be an enemy. We learned about two months after that we couldn't concieve specifically I was almost not fertile, and we didn't know if it could be fixed" Logan says and I can see his shoulders tense as he looked between us.

"Logan and I got you just not in a traditional way, Logan isn't your biological father, Vanessa, though that doesn't mean he isn't your father, you are still our daughter" Tiffany says and a look gets exchanged between the four of us together.

"Did you have an affair?" Vanessa asks not able to meet her parents eyes.

"No she didn't" my dad says with a sigh, turning around to lean against the window frame with his legs crossed while looking at all of us.

"Then how is Logan not my biological father?" Vanessa asks, and I think back to what Scarlett mentioned to me to think about no less then an hour prior.