Chapter Forty Four

Nathanial Winters

The car pulled to a stop in the marina parking lot and Vesper hopped out moving towards the back door of the car. Pulling open the door and allowed me and Arilynn to get out. Tonight was about a new beginning, a New Year. There was a surprise for her but I'd kept my mouth shut about it and gave no warning about it. My security knew of course, if they didn't I'd have to pay for a lawyer to ensure that my PPO's don't go to jail.

"Come on" I say to Arilynn who accepted my hand before I turned to Vesper. "Lock the car I will need you to be with us tonight" I add and walk off with my girlfriend along the pier towards where my yacht was docked and holding position with the engines already whirring.

Passing the various other smaller boats a few getting ready to leave I looked around embracing the feeling of cold wind against my skin, and the smell of salt in the air. Music wafted past my ears latching on and gifting me melodies of music being played from a nearby beach.

"I'm not going to be able to get past the fact you own a boat like this. I imagine it'll be a shock for a while" Arilynn says I give her a skeptically amused look as we neared the gang plank.

"And why's that love?" I ask turning my attention away from her and towards the ocean where boats were slowly beginning to move out onto, though not many it would make moving a boat that was over three hundred feet long difficult.

"Because I'm not used to being on vessels like this. I'm looking forward to getting to know it on yours though. I find them welcoming" Arilynn comments and I laugh.

"Yet it's casting a shadow against the rest of the fjord in the moon light" I muse as we walked onto the boat into the third floor deck, and without hesitation I begin to guide Arilynn through the wood paneled lower decks to the spiraling staircase in the middle of the boat that would go up to the top most deck.

I had seen a video of a mancave where the walls were wood while the floor and ceiling were marble. Taking liking to it I gave the design my own touch adding inlets for light and artifacts since I'd inherited the desire for vases and statues. Art was a thing of culture and sooner or later everything I kept would be worth more then the yacht that contained it.

It's all for decoration though, so getting rid of it all isn't an option.

Looking back at my girlfriend she gasped looking at it. The seamless paneling along the walls of the round room with marble steps going along each and every one along with the staircase since the railing was black with steel and marble accents.

"Luxury at it's finest. I can't possibly think of anyone else to give the world too" I remark and I couldn't. The girl before me was turning more and more into my world, she was perfect, and I loved her from head to toe even if it was premature this feeling in my chest was too strong to deny.

"I don't need the world, I just need you" Arilynn replies giving me that gorgeous smile that I adored.

"Come" I say gesturing as I stepped onto the first step of the stairs resting my opposing hand on the railing.

"We're going to the top deck so we can see all the fireworks and celebrations" I add and begin to climb the stairs glancing back at Arilynn admiring all of the art and smiling softly.

Is she analyzing it.

"You pick art that is colourful, and bright, but in the back there is always dark, or the image has a dark connotation, why?" she asks.

"Life is like a canvas, we all start blank and all our decisions put a stripe of paint on the white surface. It's far too deep, emotional, and complex for a night of new beginnings" I say leaving against the railing and looking down at the spiraling crystal chandelier that went in the opposite direction as the stairs.