Don't Go🥀

2 weeks later ...
Monica's pov

After leaving LA I put all my time into my passions. I've been focusing on my music, doing more shows, and preparing for my upcoming tour. I also got my apartment which was bittersweet. I loved living with my mom and bothering her any chance I got but it was time for my own space.

Currently I was performing and I loved performing. It was my favorite part about being an artist. The crowd singing along, the energy, and just the rush that you feel while on stage is unmatched. I searched the crowd and my eyes immediately focused on her as I started to sing.

I was happy she remembered to come. She looked like she was having a good time, standing with Toya who was next to Ray J.

Hmm.

I was getting into the music more as I started singing another song...

See you from across the room
It's Friday night, and I'm goin' to a party
With my girl to dance

See you from across the room See you from across the roomIt's Friday night, and I'm goin' to a partyWith my girl to dance

I moved my hips to the beat as I danced with the back up dancers. The crowd was pumped as they joined in dancing to the music.

What is on your mind
More than a dance as you pull up to me
And it feels alright
I can tell someone's looking at me

••

"Monica, there's someone in your dressing room waiting for you." My manager told me after congratulating me on a successful performance.

"Okay, thank you boo." I smiled already knowing who it was.

As I opened the door I was sadly mistaken by the person who stood in front of me.

"What you doing here? I thought you didn't fuck with me no more?" I rolled my neck as I let the door shut behind me.

"What would make you think that?" Taylor asked making me scrunch my face up at her. See, Taylor not only ignored all of my attempts to mend our friendship but she's also been talking about me to half of Atlanta. I may not be here as much as I use to, but it always gets back to me.

We have a lot of mutual friends, I couldn't seem to understand how she thought she could talk shit and it wouldn't get back to me.

"You think I don't know you've been talking shit about me? We were friends long enough for you to know that I don't take kindly to being talked about. Especially behind my back. I thought we were better than that."