Control🥀

A week later...
Monica's pov

I was in bed playing on my new PlayStation as I waited for Brandy to come over. It was late and I had become addicted to playing ever since that day I played with her.

Brandy was in the studio working on her album and she said she would come later, but to not wait up.

The schedule has actually been working, but earlier when I got back from a meeting I took a nap. Something I was definitely not supposed to do and now I couldn't sleep. I knew when she got here I wouldn't hear the end of it, but that was a future me's problem.

So, here I was in my bed playing 'Street Fighter' with Dallas. I won the last couple of rounds but he was starting to make a comeback.

"Damn!" He yelled in my ear as his character threw a punch.

"Shut up! All that yelling in my ear!" I yelled back as I started to fight back. He continued yelling in my ear as we went round for round. I was so engrossed in the game I didn't hear my door open.

"What are you still doing up?" Brandy asked, causing me to jump. I tried to hurry up and take the headset off, but obviously she already seen it.

"I couldn't sleep..." I said as she causally grab the controller from my hands.

"Say bye to Dallas..."

"But- we were about to go another round..." I pouted and attempted to reach for the controller. Only for her to move it out of my reach and cut her eyes at me.

"Monica, it's already past 12 and we have to get up early tomorrow, remember? So you've already missed you're 8 hours of sleep. So, turn it off now.." she said sternly and I was taken aback.

"I'm not tired though.." I replied reaching for the controller again. She widened her eyes at me and pulled it away again.

"You not tired?" She asked and I shook my head in confusion because I swore that's what I just said.

"No and I can just take a nap tomorrow if I get tired, it's no big deal." I said putting my headset back on.

"It's no big deal?" She paused, shaking her head at me. She looked at me for a brief moment, as if she was waiting for me to retract my earlier statement.

When I didn't she sighed and added "You're not going to continue to be reckless with your health. I promise you that..." She tossed the controller onto the bed and walked into the bathroom closing the door behind her.

Dramatic.

I smiled hearing the shower start knowing that gave me some more time. I really wasn't tired and maybe I didn't try hard enough, but it was all still new to me. Besides, my doctor said that it wasn't strict and as long as I was actively trying that was all that mattered.

She came out a little later in a towel and went into my closet. I figured now was the time for me to stop, not wanting to push my luck more than I already did.

"Dallas, I gotta get off." I spoke into the headset and we said our goodbyes. I started too turn the game off and change back to the t.v setting. By the time I settled onto a random channel she emerged from the closet wearing a pair of shorts and a shirt.