Cry🥀

2 years later...
~2002~
Monica's pov

"-But, what do you think? Should I do it?" I asked Brandy, as she sat across from me. She averted her eyes and ate another forkful of pasta.

I rolled my eyes at her for purposely avoiding my question. I recently had been in contact with Missy because she reached out to me wanting to work on a project together. Well, it would be my album, but she had some concepts that she thought fit perfectly for me.

I hadn't heard any of it yet because I told her I would think about it. Truthfully, I didn't know if I was ready to trust her again let alone work with her. So, I asked the person that I trusted the most.

"Mm this pasta so good, baby. You wanna try.." Brandy asked, holding up her fork to me continuing to ignore my question. I just stared at her with a blank expression.

"Fine, alright. I think she's being genuine. As much as it pains me to say, she really does love you and maybe you should at least hear her out first before you just say no.." I nodded and decided to change the subject.

I guess part of me hoped she told me that it was a dumb idea and I should stay away from her, but part of me also knew Brandy would never say that.

"So, when is your album coming out and when can I hear it? I'm tired of waiting..." I said, changing the subject.

"iM tIrEd oF wAiTiNg... Well that's too damn bad..." she mocked me and then laughed. I groaned, realizing I didn't have anything in my purse to throw at her.

"You lucky I don't have nothing to throw..."

"You throw something and you're going to get put out of this restaurant and I'm going to enjoy my meal. So, go right ahead..."

"Seriously though... I need that album like yesterday. At least let me hear a song..." I pleaded. She was really gate keeping this album.  She kept saying it wasn't ready or she felt like it needed something else. I personally thought she was just being to hard on herself.

"Okay, how about I let you listen to something when we leave..." I agreed, suddenly in a rush to get out of this restaurant.

"-and I decided it'll come out in two weeks. Probably the 5th.." she added and nodded with a smile.

"How many songs?" I asked.

"16 and an intro..."

"You don't sound excited..."

"I'm just nervous. What if it flops?" She mumbled, looking genuinely nervous.

"Oh please! You know it's not going to flop, you'll at least have one listener guaranteed.." I said pointing at my self and she cracked a smile.

"That's sweet, baby, but if one person listens then it indeed will flop.."

We continued talking and laughing until we were finished eating. We got into the car and she started playing the song like she promised. As it started to play I was very confused because there was no singing, just the sound of a robot talking.

I looked over at her and she kept her eyes on the road trying not to laugh. Finally, I heard her singing.

What about all of the?
(B-R-A-N-D-Y)