What a Life🥀

The Next Day
Brandy's pov

"Brandy!" I heard Monica continuously yell through my apartment. I groaned and rolled over in my bed as her voice started to sound less distant.

Soon my bedroom door opened and the covers were pulled off of me. "Brandy! Get up! I've been calling you all day"

I groaned and snatched the covers back, pressing them into my body so she wouldn't be able to grab them again.

"Brandy, you gotta get up.." I heard her say again as the lights beamed on.

"Uh- get out Monica. Just go without me.."

"So, you want me to pick a house by myself? Not happening. Get yo ass up!" She snatched my covers once more and started pulling my arm to sit me up. "I understand you're sad, but yesterday when I asked should I cancel you said no. So, now you need to get up!"

"Fine..." I groaned and got up to go to the bathroom. Truthfully, I didn't forget about the showing, but I hoped she would just go without me. I guess that wasn't fair considering we agreed to pick our first home together and when she asked yesterday I should've been honest about how I felt.

I was excited that we decided to buy a house together, but I hated how my mood was going into it. This was supposed to be a fun experience with my girlfriend, but instead I was depressed.

We finally left out and made it to the first house we were looking at. Honestly, I don't think either one of us were very impressed with it. Aesthetically it was nice, but there was a certain feeling that was missing and we couldn't quite put our finger on it.

After that, we went to the second house and left soon after because it looked straight out of a horror film.

We kept going to house after house, leaving disappointed and all I could think was I should've stayed my ass in bed.

"Can you stop looking so miserable?" She playfully pinched my cheek like grandma. I tried to keep a straight face, but I ended laughing.

"What is wrong with you? And No, I can't. None of these houses are what we want." I said gesturing around the room we were in.

"We will find one we both like eventually. It's not like we're in a rush.. we pretty much live together now as it is."

"That's true..." I guess I did need to relax a bit. It's not like we had to make a decision today. We went to about three more houses before calling it a night and heading back to my place.

It was a few weeks later when we went to another showing and fall in love instantly.

"This mansion has roughly about 7,890 sq footage if we aren't counting the guest house in the back. It has a spacious backyard that has a pool and has recently been upgraded with an enclosure sitting area." The real estate agent rambled as we stood outside the front of the house.