How Many Ways🥀

2 months later...
Brandy's pov

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
What'd you hear this time?
Go on and speak your mind
I know somebody's lying
It's always somethin'
..
I was recording a song for my new album when I got distracted by the sound of a phone for the third time. "Alright, who phone is that?!" I yelled through the booth.

"It's yours, B." Timbaland said back to me causing me to groan and take my headphones off. I walked out the booth to grab my phone and my face immediately softened seeing it was Monica calling.

"Hello-" I answered, only to be cut off by her screaming into the phone saying, "-You don't know how to answer a phone?"

I pulled the phone away from my ear and just stared at it. This was becoming a regular thing and I wasn't so sure I could blame it on the pregnancy at this point.

"I mean, I just answered so I would say, I do. What's wrong?"

"When are you getting back? I'm hungry.." Her voice softened. "You're going to have to order it because—"

"—I can't order what I want. I need you to pick it up."

"Well, you would have to wait because I'm in the middle of recording—" She cut me off again.

"—Brandy, your child is hungry. I don't care what you're in the middle of. I just sent you the confirmation for the order so you better go pick it up.."

"Monica, this is the sixth time this week. I can't keep leaving because you want things that can wait."

"It can't wait! I'm hungry now!" She yelled into the phone.

"Okay, okay! Fine, I'll go get your food.."

"Thank you, baby. I love you.." Oh, now she wants to be sweet.

"Yeah, I love you too.." I rolled my eyes, hanging up the phone, and going to my text threads.

:I know it's your day off, but
Can you pick up this order
and take it to Monica?

Meagan: Yes, but you owe me another day off🙃

: Done. Just please take it to her as fast as possible

Meagan: I'm leaving out now.

: Thank you

I sent the last text and immediately got back to the booth not giving it a second thought. Monica's pregnancy was going very well aside from her crazy cravings and mood swings.

None of it bothered me seeing as her body was obviously going through a change she'd never been through before. However, that didn't excuse me from feeling burnt out.

If she wasn't cussing me out for simple things that weren't even my fault, then she was overbearing me with love and wanted to be in my skin. From research I knew all of this was normal, but I don't think I was fully prepared for it. I got a text from Meagan saying she dropped off the food giving me the peace I needed to go back to recording.

I finally finished recording the song and decided to do another one before heading home.

I yelled for Monica as I walked through the house and I got no response. I carefully walked through the house not knowing what kind of mood she was in. I stopped in the kitchen to grab something to drink and then continued to the living room.