Whip Appeal🥀

Monica's pov

I slowly blinked as the room came back into focus, seeing two doctors and a nurse in front of me. "She's awake!" One of the doctors yelled and I groaned trying to sit up.

"Wait, lie still." One of the doctors said gently pushing me back down onto the exam room. They continued to stand over me and to check my vitals I assumed. I was glad they were able to get me awake, but I wished they would back up out my face.

"Monica, can you say something for me?" I heard one of the doctors ask.

"S-Somebody hands are really cold.." I said the first thing that came to mind and all of their hands were immediately removed.

"Where's—" Before I could finish her face came into view. "You scared me.."

"Sorry. I just got overwhelmed.."

"Don't apologize." She grabbed my hand squeezing for reassurance. She rubbed her hands over my forehead and down to my cheeks.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I backed my head out of her hands. For some reason I was very irritable and I just wanted to go home. Probably because I was tired. My body went through a lot already without me also fainting. This day turned out to be more then what I originally prepared myself for.

"Girl, I'm trying to make sure you alright.."

"The doctors just checked— What the hell?" I cut myself off mid sentence when she put her hand over my eyes and held it there.

"Hush. Just breathe. If you get worked up you'll probably faint again." I did what she said breathing slowly in and out. I started to feel less tense which allowed me calm my nerves. The light surrounded me again as her hand moved from in front of my eyes.

The technician eventually came back in and apologized for how she broke the news to us. We assured her it was okay mainly because I think I would've passed out either way.

"Well, if you're up for it. We should still be able to see the genders.." she smiled and we both agreed. She hooked the machine back up, spread the gel across my stomach, and grabbed the handheld probe.

"Alright let's see. This is twin A.." She showed the baby and ventured down until we saw that it was a girl.

"I told you!" I laughed.

"Okay, so twin A is a girl and Twin B is.." She trailed off moving the probe over to look at the other baby.

"Ha! I knew I wasn't wrong" Brandy said, as the ultrasound showed the baby was a boy. She took some pictures for us and then left out to print them. I sat up to get dressed after the gel was wiped from my stomach.

"So, we both we were right." I said.

"Yup I think that means the bet is off.."

"I mean, not technically, she said girl first so.." I shrugged.

"Yeah not happening.." It was worth a try I thought to myself as I put my clothes back on. By the time I finished getting dressed she came back with the envelope of the pictures.

"Here you go! Remember if you have any questions or concerns you have my number and you can come anytime.." She smiled and Brandy grabbed the envelope.