Love & War🥀

Brandy's pov

"We are willing to give your client a settlement of 100,000 dollars and that is our final offer." My lawyer said.

"My client is still requesting 50% of your client's album sales.." My mother's lawyer responded causing me to speak up.

"No, that's off the table. She didn't help me with it at all so why should she get anything? I'm willing to give you the 100,000 so we don't have to drag this out anymore."

I was so over this. These past few months have been exhausting with this case weighing on me. My mother was obviously money hungry which was insane considering no matter how much she's done to me I would never not give my mom money if she needed it.

My mom whispered something to her lawyer and he nodded looking down at the papers in front of him. I shifted awkwardly in my chair as time passed. We'd been here for over an hour and I was starting to become worried about Mo. I just wanted to get this over with so I could go be with her.

"Okay, my client is willing to accept the 100,000 settlement without the 50%, however, she wants to keep receiving royalties from the assignments drafted in the contracts which would include: All seasons of 'Moesha, Cinderella, Never Say Never-"

At that point, I started to tune him out. Those were things she was already receiving a check from and as long as the amount wouldn't change I was fine with it.

I nodded at my lawyer letting him know I was okay with the deal. "Alright, I'll draft up the necessary paperwork and we can have everything signed by tomorrow.." my lawyer said and everyone agreed. I got up immediately heading for the door.

"Cool! I gotta go! I'll talk to you later, Marie.." I said speaking to my lawyer only. As I made it to the door I heard my name and reluctantly turned around. What more could this woman possibly want from me?

"What?"

"You got married and didn't invite your own mother? I don't know where you learned to be so insolent.." I grimaced at the term she used. She must've noticed the ring, but little did she know it was an engagement ring.

I had to remember I wasn't a little girl anymore. I was grown and there was no way she was taking my money and disrespecting me in the same day.

"You're broke and decide to rob your own daughter? And I must've learned it from you considering you're the most insolent person I've ever met, but at least I have enough money to be insolent!" I yelled back.

"Oh, and there she is my disrespectful daughter finally makes her appearance, but I'll tell you what, when you're thirty, washed up, and divorced I won't say I told you so.."

"Well at least I won't be 52, alone, and bitter like you.." I said and with that, I left out the room not giving her time to respond. There was nothing left for me to say or hear from her.

I made it to my car and drove to the hotel. I made sure to text Meagan about getting us flights back to Atlanta tonight. I knew Monica would be ready to leave as soon as possible and I was determined to make that happen.

I walked into the room and didn't see Monica at first before I realized she was in the shower. I sat in bed waiting for her to come out of the bathroom when I got a call from Meagan.