Broken Clocks🥀

1 week later...
Brandy's pov

"Aww! This is so cute look y'all!" Tiny held up her phone, showing us some random couple dancing on their wedding day.

"Aww, that's going to be y'all!" Toya said, referring to Monica and I.

Time to put these acting skills to use.

"Ion know about all that.." I chuckled to myself. I wasn't brave enough to look up so I just kept my focus on my phone the entire time.

"What you mean? This is so cute. I can definitely see y'all doing something like that.." Toya said, egging it on.

"Yeah, y'all could get some choreography and everything.." Kandi added.

"I mean, I just don't see us getting married for real, but I guess..."

"Huh?" Monica said, finally speaking up.

"Huh?" I played dumb and finally looked up at everyone in the room. The girls were staring at me with wide eyes, trying their best to hide it as Monica glared at me.

"What do you mean, you don't see us getting married?"

"I just never seen myself being married at all. It's nothing personal.." I shrugged.

"And when did you plan on letting me know that?" Her voice raised slightly and I got a little scared, but I recovered quickly.

"I guess now. Is it that big of a deal, it's just a piece of paper and a ring..."

"How are you just going to- you know what-" She cut herself off with laugh, before finishing.

"-it's whatever! I'll talk to y'all later.." she said, before taking off up the steps. I waited awhile until I heard our door slam before I let out my laugh.

"Chileee, you better sleep with one eye open.." Toya said and I started laughing harder.

"And she was laughing, yeah, don't even go upstairs tonight." Kandi said, leaving Tiny to nod in a agreement.

"Oh, come on, y'all! I had to make it believable..."

"You made it believable alright. You better hope she forgive you let alone accept yo little proposal." Toya said, causing me to roll my eyes.

"She will. I can guarantee that, but thanks for playing along guys. Monica is too smart to not realize what's going on. I had to throw her off her game a little.." I admitted.

"Yeah, well you acted your ass off. I knew it was a lie and I almost believed you..." Tiny said.

"Well, that's not too far off for you. You just found out Elmo is a puppet.." Kandi replied back to Tiny. "He is not! I told you to stop saying that-" Tiny started yelling and I cut them off trying to calm them down.

The truth is I'm planning to propose to Monica, but I don't need her nosy self getting suspicious. So, I planned with the girls to pull this little stunt. I think I went a little overboard, but it will be worth it once I see the smile on her face.

I had it all planned out, I was just waiting for my jeweler to finish the customization that I put onto the ring.

I felt my phone buzz on my leg and picked it up to see it was my lawyer.