This Will Be🥀

A/N: Still deciding between the sequel and the time skip so enjoy this in the meantime 🫶🏾

1 week later...
Monica's pov

"Do we have everything because—"

"—Because the photography place is an hour away and we can't come back.. Yeah, baby for the third time I checked the list off twice. We're good." She rubbed my shoulder for reassurance and I let out the breath I was holding.

Okay, maybe I was stressing a tad more than necessary, but I wanted everything to go smoothly. We were finally going to take Mya and Mazi's first professional pictures and my emotions were all I've the place for some reason.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I don't know why this is stressing me out so much." I admitted as I rubbed my temples.

"It's alright. You just want it to go well and it will." She rubbed my back as finished loading everything into the car.

"You want me to drive?" She asked, and I nodded handing her the keys. We got all buckled in and she was about to pull off when I yelled "Wait!"

She slammed on the breaks and turned to me panic evident on her face. "What? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just— can we check the list one more time?"

"Are you serious? You just nearly scared the— I'll check the list.." She cut herself off mid sentence and opened the trunk. She got out quickly and went to the trunk to check over the list.

She got back inside, fastening her seatbelt, and started to pull off without muttering another word. Damn, did I piss her off that bad?

"Was everything checked off.." I honestly should've just stayed quiet because I knew she was tired of repeated herself.

I just had so much anxiety about everything little thing lately, but especially when it came to the babies. I never doubted I would be a good mom until it came time to actually be one. Being put into this position just felt overwhelming.

Everything was so new and there wasn't exactly a guide on how to be a parent without worries of something going wrong. So, my way of coping was controlling the things that I knew I could control. Maybe it was too much control but it was going to have to do for now.

"Yeah." She mumbled and turned the music in the car up. If she didn't want to check then she could've just said that. I was already stressed out I didn't need attitude from her on top of that.

I looked up into the mirrors set up so I could see the babies finding them sound asleep. They looked peaceful and that eased 60% of my worries.

I relaxed into my seat and shut my eyes knowing we had a while until we made it. I had time for at least a forty minute nap, but honestly with the way Brandy drives it would be more like twenty.

••

"Mo, we here.." I felt Brandy tap me as I woke up and realized we were now parked. I nodded at her and stretched my arms before unlocking my seatbelt. We each grabbed a bag and a car seat before heading into the building.

We walked in seeing the set and were greeted by the photographer. She told us that we could get them dressed and then she would start whenever we were ready.