34. Winter Flower - PJM

"it's time to depart right?" I asked holding his hand, my best friend's hand. It's our graduation ceremony today. Even it's the most precious day of our life, still it's the most unwanted story in our chapter.

"I wish there were another way to say yes that won't hurt us." Jimin said tightening his grip on my hand. How badly I don't wanna leave him. Nobody cares to know.

Jimin and I, our story started when we were kindergarten students. Silly and childish. He was kind of shy and less talkative guy. Even though he didn't remember, I do remember how we become friends. Always used to sit beside me in the class but never talked to me. I was the one who always used to annoy him to talk with me or for having a conversation with me.

All kids used to play but he used to fool around because he was kind of introvert kids. Denying his personal space, I always used to interrupt him when ever I used to see him. I didn't care if he was walking or standing alone or eating his lunch. All I knew that the boy sits besides me and he is my friend even he never talked to me first.

But a thing I never find in him was being annoyed. He never get annoyed with my behavior. No matter how much time I interrupted in his time, he never showed a annoyed face or said anything rude. I loved this behavior of his and that's why I guess I thought he was my friend.

As my behavior toward him keep on being like that, our friendship started to get stronger. He started to feel free with me. He never run to me everytime he saw me enter the classroom but I was always the one who used to run to him and hug him whenever I saw him entering our classroom.

A thing I failed to noticed that he always used to keep an empty seat besides him and that was only for me even though he never asked me to sit with him. And also he didn't let anybody sit beside him too but when I unknowingly sit there, he never protest about it. I realized that fact when we grow up. How silly our childhood is right?

And from both of our efforts into our friendship has taken us this far. I used to miss him the day he used be absent in class. He wasn't a regular student but whenever he used to go to school, I felt that day special. A day without best friend in class feels like desert.

Still now If I ask him how we become friends, he can't answer. He forget but I didn't. I still share those things when remember his behavior, he says "Really I was like that?". I guess it's fine cause not everybody can remember their childhood memories but I'm lucky enough to remember those days back then.

My whole family knows that I have a best friend named Jimin and also his whole family knows, he has a best friend named Y/n. How cutely our friendship build is unexplainable but now I wish to get those days back so that we can pass more time together.

Since then after kindergarten school, we studied in the same school and highschool. We ditched classes together, we used to have our lunch together, play together even used to get punishments together. Luck was enough supportive as we finished our college life from same school and campus. I'm glad we stayed together this far.

We don't know where we are going next. Their's a possibility for him to go aboard after this while my plan was total different about finishing my studies in this country.

"Promise me you will always remember me as your best friend? You will never forget me?" I asked hugging him tightly. I felt he will vanish away if I leave him now. I couldn't stop my tears as it slipped out of my eyes. Can anything be more terrible than leaving a best friend?

"I promise you Y/n. I will always remember you and I promise too that you will be the first person I'll meet after I return. " His voice cracked as I felt his body shakes in my arms. He's crying too. Is there a way out to stop this feeling and let everything happen the way it's been?

"You are leaving then. " I whispered while he nodded still hugging me. The feeling of not him being besides me making me feels lifeless. Everyday class and exams were so easily passed with him.

It's hurts to imagine without him besides me in my next step. I have to live without him. As per questions, I do have other friends and there's no one else compared to him. Not all friends are same and he is different among all.

There's a difference between friends and best friend and whenever I'm with him, I can feel the difference, I can feel the freeness.

We both don't wanna pullout from the hug but we both have to let go each other. Patient might be the only key that can connect each other again. None of us has idea of when we'll meet again.

In the whole student life, I never had a boyfriend but never felt of having one either because a friend like him was everything I needed in my life. He was the one that helped me when I needed and also he was the one that bullied me all the time and stand by while other tried to bully me.

I love that possessive side of him. A friendship is indeed something incomparable and that's all was him for me.

We pulled out from our hug to face each other. I suddenly laughed a little while he laughed too after seeing each other's massed up face due to the crying.

"I know it's hard but we'll be together again. I never told you out loud but today I want to tell you. Y/n. You are the best friend for the rest of my life." He cupped my face while mumbling those words to me. He was the type of person who never accept the fact that he is my best friend. I know he still would deny it today if it wasn't our graduation day.

" I'll miss your teasings Jimin. I want Jimin to return as soon as possible to tease me again, to bully me again and also protect and love me again. " I said hiding my face inside his large yet cute hands.

"Prepare yourself then cause I won't give you any escape from being bullied."
He smiled at his words but we both knows how pain we are holding again each other. How hard we both don't want to let go of each other's hand.

*4years later

After having a stressful classes, I returned home being tired. Finishing medical course in last four years, I'm taking a higher medical degree to be a good doctor soon. There isn't a long way left for my dream to come true but I had to struggle a lot to made it till this far.

A sudden sense of having some sweets grow my appetite. I'm not enough tired to go outside again but It won't hurt right? To go to a pastry shop and have some desserts.?

Wearing my jacket over my sweater with my boots on my feet, I went out from my apartment. Winter already started and it's getting colder day by day. I keep on walking in the thoughts of sweets inside my head. In thoughts of sweets a dessert come into my head which is mochi. How mouth watering it is. What about get some mochi and meet my parents in the way back home? Sounds fun. But in the name of mochi, someone's name come across my mind. Jimin. Haha Jimini mochi.

I miss that walking mochi in my life. Mochi haha mochi. And all those silly thoughts keep on going as I reached to the shop.

Taking a full pack of mochi, I came out of the shop to head to my parents home now. Well how is he doing there? Fine? I don't know. We lost connection and I don't know if I could ever meet with him or not. I couldn't even get to tell him that I moved to a separate apartment and I do no longer live with my parents. What's time there in his country now? What's he doing now? I want to know a lot about him but unfortunately I get to know nothing.

Walking through the cold street, I keep on walking until I came near my parents house. As the path to home coming closer, the coldness feels increasing. The weather is indeed gonna turn worst next week.

I looked up from the street to my front to get the house but before I could reach home, I heard a familiar voice. A very familiar voice called my name.

I looked back whispering the familiar person's name. "Jimin?"

End:)

Wish all the friendships lives forever as the friends never left each other's hand. Let's give our friendships a never ending bond were we keep us in our mind even when we are far away.