Unfair Decision

Dr. Karan Kundrra, dean of Prakash Medical College and Hospital, who follows his principles very sincerely. He believes strict rules and regulations can only make a person disciplined. Hard work, serious attitude and focus can only make an MBBS a good, skilled and successful doctor. In their profession, there is no place for mistake and no room for a second chance.

He was always proud of his principles and hard work. That is how he made this hospital the topmost in the entire state, but today something unusual had happened.

“What is wrong with you......?” Karan got cranky seeing the nurse who stopped him for no reason. What is more irritable here is her antics.

The nurse was dumbstruck seeing the lipstick mark on Dr. KK’s cheek and unknowingly felt shy. The nurse with a pink cheek and broad smile, she lowered her lashes.

“What the hell? Why did you stop me, speak up?” Karan couldn’t control his temper anymore and yelled at the nurse. The nurse shivered a bit, but Karan’s loud yell grabbed many passersby’s attention.

Whoever stopped, turned or looked at Karan, now had a broad smile on their faces. People were giggling, hiding their face by their palms while looking at Karan, but his sharp glare was enough to warn them to behave.

The situation was quite bizarre at the main corridor of the hospital, which dragged the senior doctor Yuvika Malhotra's interest. “What is going on, why is the staff so chaotic here?”

By mumbling to herself, Dr. Yuvika strode towards Karan and the senior nurse and, just like others, her eyes also wide in shock to see his cheek. This is the least she could expect to see Dr. KK doing something so atypical that too in the hospital.

She looked around at the onlookers hiding their faces to giggle, and found the entire situation embarrassing for Karan. She held his wrist and beckoned him. “Come with me.”

They entered the dean’s cabin; Yuvika had to apply all her controlling power to not to laugh.

“Karan, since when are you in this kind of relationship? At least be cautious before getting into the hospital.”

“Cautious? What nonsense are you spitting? Can you be a bit clearer?”

Karan already had a poor start of the day when he collided with an unknown girl. She triggered his anger early in the morning, after that the crazy behavior of the staff and now this absurd riddle of Yuvika, that’s enough. He burst into anger.

“Karan, how could you come to the hospital with lipstick marks on your face? That’s why the onlookers were looking at you weirdly?” Yuvika said with an utmost serious face.

“Lipstick marks? What the.......” Karan was shocked. The lipstick mark was completely wiped off a few moments before, wasn’t it?

“It’s there.....” Yuvika pointed towards Karan's cheek and covered her face to hide her giggle, which can raise Karan’s anger to its peak.

“How is that pos......” Karan moved towards his table and his words stuck in his throat when he saw the reflection of a big lipstick mark on his face on the glass table. Now he realized that the little girl tricked him. He balled his fist and slammed it on the table hard.

Even though Yuvika doesn’t know how, but she got that something had happened with Karan. “Karan, relax.” She forwarded the box of tissue to him, which he took with a jerk, venting his anger on lifeless stuff.

Yuvika sighed, seeing him rubbing his cheek harshly. “Tell me what has happened with you early in the morning.” She asked calmly, as a good friend, to give him a chance to vent out his anger.