The Painful Past

"Why grandpa chased us out of his house, he didn't loved us back then?" Teju asked innocently.

"No dear, your grandpa used to love us the most specially you were the apple of his eye, but he made this decision for me." Sakshi said.

"How?"

"Post Sahil's birth Sana took only a month long maternity leave for postpartum recovery then started working because Naren was fired from his job for being reckless. Though I tried to support them financially but Sana being self-respected refused any help."

"I knew Sana wasn't earning good to afford babysitter or nanny of her child on top of that Naren's tantrum who drinks daily, that's why I quit my job for some time to take care of Sahil." Sakshi said.

"While taking care of Sahil Sakshi had miscarriage twice and second time when she fell from the stairs her uterus affected and doctor predict that she can't conceive again."

"When Naren came to know that Sakshi couldn't conceive, he started taunting her calling her sterile and bad omen for his child. He didn't let her touch Sahil then. One day dad couldn't stand for his derogatory behaviour anymore and they both had a big fight."

"Dad wanted to through him out of the house but he had to tolerate him for his wife and innocent child. In order to teach him a lesson dad asked us to move out because Sana was pregnant second time with complications and on the bed rest."

"According to dad, that was the time for Naren to take care of his family by own rather than depending on Shashank."

Shashank and Sakshi were telling their story alternatively and the new generation was listening it with wide eyes. They both had gone through so much in their life.

"Then what had happened dad?" Teju asked impatiently when Shashank took a pause of few minutes.

"Your godfather and Shashank build this mansion by their hard earning and we all settled here as a one family." Sunita said while looking all around the mansion and feeling emotional.

"I wanted my dad to come and stay with us, but he refused to leave Sana and her child alone with Naren who was unpredictable even with his family. In greed of asset of Prakash family he had to behave in front of dad. "Shashank said.

"Few months later we got to know that Sana passed away after the birth of her second child. We wanted to attend her funeral but Naren neither let us attend her ceremonial nor let let us see his kids. The resentment he harboured against us in his heart these many years, didn't reduce a bit even after being away from his sight." Sakshi said.

"Then I brought my dad here with me, even though he don't want to, I made it forcefully."

"Few years later at Karan's fifth birthday I got to know that I am pregnant second time and I felt bad for Sakshi, that's why I promised her that my childrens will be hers." Sunita said.

All smiled seeing the love between the family who were not blood related.

"That's so sweet of you godmother, then what happened?" Teju asked.

"Only few months later it was my 5 month we all got the biggest surprise of our life that Sakshi conceived. It was not less than a miracle. All said my unborn child is lucky for the family and he was called Lucky before even born."

"Even in her full months Sunita only took care of me coz of two painful experience in the past. That's why when Lucky born, he and Karan got closer to me and you got closer to your godmother."

Now these were the topics related to women and story took over by Sunita and Sakshi. They both are narrating it with excitement.

"When Sakshi was about to give birth, Karan was the most desperate to see the baby. He already had a little brother in my arms, but he wasn't interested to play with his brother, but wanted a baby girl to flaunt as a girlfriend."