The Childrens Ward

'So, Dr. Teju loves her work? Here, I was draining myself to punish her in different ways and she was glad upon that. She was enjoying her work.' Karan thought pacing back and forth in his cabin.

'What's more, she is still all brazen with her unreasonable pranks, stubborn, argumentative and causing trouble attitude.'

'I can't let it continue like this. I need to use a brand new method to make her feel miserable with punishment.'

After thinking over this matter for a long, Karan realised it's time for him for the round of wards.

After checking all his patients in general and ICU, Karan thought to give a look to childrens ward. Even though he knew Teju must be doing her job well, he wanted to be sure.

"Hey, you lost it, you lost it. Pinky you lost your turn."

Karan was close to the glass door of childrens ward and heard Teju's loud voice. She was talking to a kid.

"Pinky, now when you lost it, it's your turn to finish your lunch, now go for it fast."

Teju made a little girl sit on a bed and then nurse put a bowl of porridge and soup in front of her. At first she made yuck faces to see the lunch but by the one glare of Teju she started eating quietly.

Karan's eyes widen in shock to see the scene.

All the kids of different age group were standing in a circle and Teju was in the middle of the circle. A few kids were sitting on their beds and eating their lunch and a nurse was playing music on a mobile.

The entire scene caught Karan's attention surprisingly making him stop there. He got that they are playing passing the parcel

Music stopped again and Teju turned to a kid who had a ball in his hand with a sad look on his face.

"Akshay, kiddo you lost it. Now it's your turn to finish your lunch. Grab it fast." Teju said the same thing to the loser kid.

The little kid don't want to eat the bland and boring lunch of the hospital, but he had to because he lost the game. The nurse served him and he started having it with halfheartedly.

At first Karan was sliding the door to enter and have s look on the progress of the patients, later he decided to wait and watch the entire game secretly.

"Sid, you lost the game, so it's your turn to have your meal. Do it fast, now." Teju said to a very young kid.

The little kid was almost teary when Teju made him sit on the bed and the nurse gave him the plate of his lunch.

Karan was not getting why every child's punishment was to eat for after losing the game. Then he realised that these kids don't like to eat the tasteless food of the hospital and that's why the entire game was planned.

To make every child eat their food, Teju planned this game and making loser to eat their meal silently while making them enjoy a game. That's a smart move.

"Sweety lost it this time. Now Sweety, it's your turn to grab your meal."

Teju's loud voice zoomed Karan out of his thoughts.

Another child lost her game and she also had to join the kids who were eating their lunch with gloomy faces.

The game continued with music and ball and one by one all the kids lost the game and they had to eat their lunch silently as their punishment and at end a little girl won this.

The game has ended and Karan was about to move from there when he heard the winner's loud yell.

"Teju, I won the game. Now I don't need to eat this boring lunch, yupiee." The little girl said in excitement.