Argument

“Thank you so much doctor, you saved my child.”

The slum woman kissed the back of Teju’s palm and said in gratitude.

“It’s alright madam, it’s my duty as a doctor.” Teju said.
As the daughter of a social worker, she had learned to help the needy and poor. And after being a doctor, she takes it as her job to help others.

“No, it’s not, Dr. Teju.”
Karan couldn’t take it anymore and spoke angrily.

“It’s ok Karan, Dr. Teju.......”
Dr. Yuvika tried to ease the situation before the spread of fire, but Karan interrupted her.

“No, Yuvika, it’s not. Dr. Teju, this is a reputed hospital, not any naturopathy clinic. You can’t use any means of treatment, rough home remedies on every patient you encounter in emergency.”

Karan was furious with Teju for again not following the rules of the hospital. Same mistake twice in a row.

Even though the patient was saved, he can’t accept this trend of breaking rules no matter what was the reason.

“I know you were only trying your best to save a patient, but we have certain rules, protocols that everyone should follow, and I will not tolerate any mistakes.” Karan said sternly.

“Karan, I think you are taking it too far. Everything is fine. As a doctor, she has done a great job.” Yuvika said.

“I can’t wait for any case to worsen, to teach these interns is the basic duty as a doctor, rules and protocols of the hospital. Yuvika, doctor’s duty is to save life, so we need to be very careful and sure in our every step, there is no room for mistakes, coz we can’t get a second chance to rectify it.”

Karan’s big lecture irritated Teju. She knew, even though Karan is talking to Dr. Yuvika, but this long lecture of rules and protocols is for her.
How could Teju let it go without refuting, when she was sure she was not wrong?

“Very correct Dr. Karan, doctor needs to be very careful and sure, but I guess they need to be very fast as well when it comes to emergencies. Allopathic, homeopathy, naturopathy or Ayurveda, these all are just the way of treatments, to be used at the correct time in a correct way, with fruitful result.”

Teju placed her point politely yet boldly and continued, which was not pleasing to Karan.

“Dr. KK and Dr. Yuvika you are such an educated, reputed and highly qualified doctors. I don’t think you have missed the book written by Dr. Yan Sam-Pa, famous cardiologist of Japan. He told in his book, ‘the fastest way of treatment in any situation is your common sense and the most important thing is, how you use it.’ Isn’t it?”

The way Teju proved her point with the example of a book written by a famous doctor on medical situation was very impressive. She amazed everybody, including Karan.

It surprised Karan after listening to Teju’s knowledge at such a young age; it showed her dedication towards her work. For a once he thought she was unbeatable, but the next moment he made his face hard stone.

“The famous book of Doctor Yan Sam-Pa is a delight of doctors and nice to hear that Dr. Teju has such deep knowledge.”

Dr. KK is praising an intern that too whom he was reprimanding a few moments ago. This is a shock for many staff members, but for many young female staff a reason to be envious of Teju, who worshipped Dr. Karan as a God of Greek in their heart. Especially Rashmi’s tail was on fire.

“Even though you saved that kid’s life, I don’t find it correct. You will get nothing in your life by breaking rules; you did the same mistake twice in one day, which is not tolerable. Do you hear me?”