𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 || 𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

you were working a late night shift. as part of an investigation, a follow up to the church incident, isaiah asked you to meet him at the nightclub where he was working that night.

you were currently living with zeke, a man you had found in a cave while looking for your nephew cal a few months back. you had quickly developed romantic feelings for him and began a relationship with him.

zeke was waiting back at your apartment, cooking dinner, when you told him you were heading out to the nightclub for an investigation.

"i'll be back soon, okay? dinner smells amazing." you said right before you left, leaving a small kiss on the corner of his lips.

"okay, be safe. dinner will be waiting in the microwave when you get home." he says smiling.

you head out the door, playing with the keys in your hands.

it's a cold night out, the cars are covered in frost. you immeadiately shiver as you walk out the door.

as you pull into the nightclub, it's way more crowded than you expected it to be. you walk inside, heading towards the bar once you spot isaiah.

"ISAIAH!" you shout over the loud music.

"(y/n)!" he shouts back, his creepy smile pulling through.

you turn and see at least 5 different passengers from flight 828.

"woah, woah, woah, why are there so many other passengers here?" you ask him. it was hard for you to contact a majority of the passengers, let alone have them all be in one place at the same time.

"sorry! i can't hear you! i'll be back!" he says, shuffling quickly into the back.

you sigh and look back over to the dance floor, where you see your brother, ben, and the nearby church, or cult leader, adrian.

"ben! what the hell are you doing here?" you ask him. his face is in shock when he sees you. before he has time to respond, two nearby passengers faint on the floor, and not even seconds later, four more passengers fall in the same fashion.

"holy shit! ben! call 911!" you say immediately. you drop to the floor to attend to the passengers and start pulling out your radio, right as you smell smoke.

you turn your head to your right, and you see bright orange and red flames on the other side of the door.

"FIRE!" you yell out. people hear you and start to smell the smoke, immediately making a run for the doors.

to nobody's suprise, they're locked. this wasn't just any kitchen fire, it was an arson attack on the passengers.

behind you is TJ, another 828 passenger. you turn and see him in distress talking to ben, about how your niece olive is locked in one of the back rooms and he can't get her out.

"(y/n)! get everyone out, i have to get olive!" ben yells, running in the opposite direction.

you nod at your brother, making an attempt to slam open the door. the smoke was becoming too much. seconds later, you feel yourself getting light headed and dizzy. not long after, you were out.

- THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR -

ben, in the process of calling 911, also called zeke to let him know where you were and what was happening.

not even seconds after the call disconnected, zeke was downstairs getting in his car, on his way to the nightclub.

by the time he arrived, there were already a ton of NYPD officers outside, and the building was almost entirely engulfed in flames.

zeke immeadiately made a run for the doors, not caring about the fire, more about the fact that you were still inside.

"sir, please!" an officer called out, trying to stop him.

it was too late, he was already inside the building. there was no getting him out, he needed to know you were okay first.

- YOUR POINT OF VIEW -

you woke up with a horrible migraine, your boyfriend zeke next to you, covered in ash and soot.

"(y/n)! please tell me you're okay." he says, pulling you close to him. he props your head up on his knee, inspecting you over with his eyes, looking for any major injuries.

"honey, i'm fine. do you know where ben is? i need to know he's okay." you say to him.

"he's already outside with olive. they say TJ didn't make it though." he says.

"take me out there, please. i can't walk." you say, trying to push off the ground, but to no success.

he lifts you up, one hand under your knees, one under your back, carrying you out bridal style.

once the two of you make it outside, the same officer that told him to stay back sighs in relief after seeing him okay when he walks back out.

you see your brother ben, and a wave of relief washes over you immediately. your neice, olive, is breaking down in his arms.

"ol, it's okay. everything's gonna be okay." you overhear your brother assure her.

zeke places you down on your feet, still holding you up around the waist to prevent you from falling onto the pavement.

you feel awful for your neice, but you can't help but be overwhelmed with happiness after zeke just walked through a fire for you, a girl he met only a few months ago.

"i'm so glad you're okay." zeke says, planting a kiss on your forehead.