𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 || 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐢

you always knew relationships wouldn't be easy. but no one warned you that they would be this difficult either. eagen tehrani was the one to truly show you that.

fights had become more and more frequent. they were over little things, and resolved usually in a matter of minutes. tonight though, he came stumbling through your apartment door drunk. he was never much of a drinker in the first place, either.

"i'm- i'm home." he slurred over his words as he stumbled inside, nearly hitting his head on one of the kitchen cabinets.

"do you know what time it is?" you whisper-yelled from the couch, not in the mood to receive a noise complaint from any of your neighbors.

"i'm sorry." he came over to the couch and fell into your arms. no matter how often the two of you thought, no matter how many stupid things be did, you'd always love him. he laid his head down in your lap, looking up at you. you played with his hair, running your fingers through some of it.

"i love you." he mumbled, still staring up into your eyes. you'd never seen him this drunk, who knew he'd be so emotional?

"i love you too." you mumbled, leaning forward and pressing a kiss to his lips. there were the good moments and there were the bad moments. your biggest fear was that your relationship would turn into purely the worst of the two of you.

minutes went by in silence as you played with his hair, eyes glued on the tv sitting in your living room. when you looked back down, eagan was wiping away a few tears that had fell.

"what's wrong?" you asked, helping him wipe them away with his thumb. he was straight-out with his answer.

"do you think we should break up?" he was clearly still very drunk, but as you'd learned, drunk words were sober thoughts. he had a point.

you leaned your head back, watching the fan spin round and round on the ceiling above you as you carefully thought out a response. there was no perfect response.

"maybe in another life, i would've let you slip away." you started, a few tears falling down your own face now.

"maybe in another life, i would've put a lot more thought into every word i say and every descion i make, but we don't have all the time in the world. i can't control what happens to us, but i do know what i want right now. i want you. through the good and the bad. we'll work through this." you said, more tears falling down your cheeks now.

eagan sat up, the effects of his drinks starting to wear down the slightest bit. you sat next to him, leaning your head on his shoulder.

"starting now, we try our best, alright? we listen, we don't fight, none of that shit." he replies, holding his pinky out. he always knew how much you loved those damn pinky promises. you'd never broken a single one.

"starting now." you agreed, locking your pink with his, turning his head towards yours and placing a gentle kiss on his lips.