𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐫 || 𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳

you were anxiously rapping your knuckles against your bosses desk, waiting on your fiancé to report back to you.

"why hasn't he called? it's been an hour. he said an hour." you asked chief bowers nervously.

"maybe he could be loosing track of time." she offered. you countered "no, to jared, 60 minutes is 60 minutes."

"what do you want me to do (y/l/n)? because i'm not about to blow his cover on this." she says, crossing her arms across her chest sternly.

you came up with an idea, bouncing your head up. "what if we check in with him instead? remember, i bugged the bar."

you quickly yanked the laptop your way, pulling up the audio for the bug, before your chief could even get a word of her personal opinon in.

"you have major trust issues." she says, smirking and nodding her head left to right. "i've been told." you smile sweetly and sarcastically.

in the audio, you can hear tamara, the bartender at the local bar, talking about how terrified she is of her own brother and what he's capable of.

"seriously, go, get out of town. save yourself the trouble." you hear jared say. you were nervously chewing on your nails at this point.

you hear a slight movement on the other side before you hear, "zeke. they got zeke." your jaw drops.

"oh my god-" you say, frozen in fear of what they could possibly do to him. he was practically family.

"we have to move in NOW." bowers reports, standing up from her desk. you go to follow her, that was until you hear it.

the music. your music. you and jared's song. 'more than words' began to hum itself softly through the audio device.

"bowers! wait! he knows we're listening. that's our song. like, our song. he knows i'm listening to this." you say.

the two of you pause and wait, listening to hear the rest of their conversation, bowers typing out directions to a team to be on standby.

"billy, man, i don't know if i trust your guys." you hear your fiancé say. your anxiety is growing by the second, for the sake of him and zeke.

the conversation continues, jared carefully telling billy that they should bring simon in on the operation, his charming wits working perfectly.

you hear the mention of guns, and the amount of men involved, quickly jotting down all the information onto a notepad sitting on bowers desk.

you walk out with bowers, still nervous.

"damn it, if you two aren't mr. and ms. smith." you chuckle at the remark. "he's gonna be okay. they both are." she assures. you give her a slight smile.

you listen to the end of the conversation, discussing how they plan to kill zeke and frame you for it as you hop out of the NYPD car.

"they've got a hostage, and at least two guns." bowers reports over the radio to her team. you pull your gun out of the holster and begin the speed walk to the building. your gun was at the ready.

a team appears, next to you and bowers, guns pointed as the door opens. out appears simon and his wife. you pull up your gun quickly, holding it close to her head. "don't say a word." you sputter.

from inside the building, you hear your fiancé yelling. "HANDS UP! I WILL SHOOT! GET IN THE CORNER." as you detain simon and his wife.

you walk in as jared and billy are tackling eachother to the ground, and one of his buddies picks up a gun, ready to fire at your fiancé.

"drop it! now!" you shout quickly, pointing your gun towards him.

he drops the gun and all three men are taken into custody. you quickly run over to zeke, making sure he's okay, before leaping into jared's arms.

"thank god you're okay, i don't know what i'd do without you." you whisper into his ear while latching onto him tightly.

"don't worry, you're not getting rid of me that easily." he replies, kissing your cheek before letting you go.