𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 || 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐢

you lie awake next to ben, who had fallen fast asleep by this point. you glanced over to the bedside clock. hours since you should've fallen asleep now. the thoughts racing through your head made it impossible to even think about sleeping.

ben was incredible, to put it simply. the last couple of months being with him had been nothing but amazing. all of your single friends were jealous, and they had every reason to be. he treated you like a princess. so why couldn't you get eagan fucking tehrani out of your head?

sure, you may have been in love with him at some point. but that was in the past, wasn't it? at least, that's what you chose to believe. your mind on the other hand was telling a different story with the dozens of heartfelt memories flying their way through.

MEMORY :

"eagan! seriously?" you say, feeling an arm tugging you out into the street. there was rain pouring down sideways, the streets being empty and mostly dark, aside from a few simple streetlights.

"you always said it was on your bucket list!" he says, pulling you into his arms before running out with you into the middle of the pouring rain. the water hits fast, your entire body being drenched and cold in seconds.

"it's freezing!" you say, not being able to hold back a smile. he really thought about your bucket list? your heart practically melted at the thought. you saw him smiling himself, but he'd never admit to it.

"well, mind if i warm you up?" he chuckles, grabbing you by the waist and passionately pressing his lips against yours. the warm coffee was still present on his touch, heating you up just as he had said.

END OF MEMORY

a few tears streamed down your face. you kept quiet not to wake up ben. sappy memories like these reminded you how happy you had been, how truly in love you had fallen with some random passenger.

then more memories flashed. memories that had you remember that love wasn't always rainbows and butterflies.

MEMORY :

"fuck you!" you screamed out. he slid off his jacket, throwing it down onto your kitchen counter. "oh yeah, fuck me? you wanna go there right now?" he says, crossing his arms and leaning back.

"yeah! i really do, tehrani! you don't understand what it's like to be in my shoes!" you yell back, pointing a hand back at yourself. the one thing eagan had always tended to lack on was the empathy scale. sure, he had some in there somewhere. unfortunately, it didn't seem to want to take a seat at the table.

"i can't do this." he scoffed, grabbing his car keys. no. no. he was leaving. fuck. he was fucking leaving.

"where are you going?" your voice starts to break. people always walked away. you didn't want him to be another one of them. he turned to look at you. "away, somewhere. i don't know." he replied, opening the door and slamming it.

you walked over and slid your back down against the door. the tears didn't stop. then came the verbal sobs, and soon after your entire body began to shake. usually eagan was the one comforting you through this, not causing it.

END OF MEMORY

ben had never done anything like the memories in your head. he'd been picture perfect since day one. he was the kind of man to bring you breakfast in bed, your favorite flowers, take you on the fancy dinner dates, all of it.

eagan was never like that. he was more of a chinese take out and movie night kind of guy.

surely, love was never supposed to be 'perfect'. is it really even love if it's not a little scary sometimes?

those words are what made you second guess everything. eagan wasn't perfect, but you knew deep down that it was love. sure, it was a little scary. it didn't make you want it any less though, if anything, you only craved it more.

ben didn't have a thing about him that was scary. you started to doubt if what the two of you had was even really love. was any of this even real? did you even have feelings for him, or was this all a big illusion?

you rolled onto your side, not even capable of facing ben without getting sick in the moment.

god, eagan tehrani, what the hell are you doing to me? you thought to yourself, tears dropping to the soft t-shirt barely hanging onto your shoulders.