𝐝𝐨 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮? || 𝐭𝐣 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧

if anyone had asked you to explain your life right then and there, it would've been practically impossible. you'd gone missing for over five and a half years, living the next five and a half through all sorts of callings and visions. all to lead up to your death date, also known as the end of the world. yeah, that one. the one the media always fictionized for views and to stir things up?

yeah, it was finally happening.

except now, you'd walked off that plane, and you were back in 2013. april 7th, 2013. the day flight 828 should've landed. the day you should've been able to carry on with the rest of your life. except, that wasn't what happened.

you'd met all sorts of people from november 4th, 2018 up until june 2nd, 2024. including the love of your life. the catch is, you didn't remember anything about him now.

when you boarded the plane sitting on a pool of lava and magma on june 2nd, you expected to die that day. you had accepted your fate. you sat next to tj and gripped his hand that entire flight. when you walked off, you didn't remember a single thing about what you'd been through.

when you walked off and into queens, you were almost immediately greeted by being lifted up into the air and having a kiss pressed to your forehead. "we did it!" you hear the man cheering, a bright smile across his face. he seemed happier than a little kid on christmas.

you pushed yourself off, a strong look of confusion written in your expression. "i'm sorry, do i know you?"

in that moment, it felt like his heart shattered a million little times. he tried his hardest to put a slight smile on his face. "sort of. tj." he said, reaching out a hand for you to shake.

"uh- hi?" you were confused as to why some random man from the flight was talking to you. you hadn't spoken to him, had you?

an awkward silence filled the air as the two of you stared at each other for a few moments, not knowing what to say or what to do.

tj breaks the silence that was louder than you could've ever imagined.

"have a good one, alright?" the man says, tucking his hands into the pockets of his black denim jacket before walking off. he tries to wipe the tears that are falling down, but nothing will help.

he lost you. the girl he'd fallen for over the past five and a half years. the girl he'd solved countless callings with. the girl he'd roamed the streets of new york city with. everything about you, it was all gone.

we should've never come back.

those words kept repeating themselves over and over again inside his head. what god would want this for him? you were the best thing to ever happen to him, and you were taken away from him in the blink of an eye.

countless memories flashed through his mind of the two of you.

START OF FLASHBACK

"two straws please." tj says, grabbing the strawberry milk shake from the waitress.

she hands him two straws. he opens them and sticks them into the pink frozen dessert.

"3, 2, 1..." you say. the two of you start chugging the pink liquid. it was always a challenge to see how fast the two of you could finish the milkshakes from your favorite diner together.

"8 seconds! record time!" tj reached across the table to give you a high-five.

"hell yeah. we're aiming for five next time though." you say, smiling as you crossed your arms and leaned back into the cushion of the diner booths.

"for sure, for sure." tj replies, a bright smile covering his face. he had a tad bit of strawberry milkshake on his lips but you thought he looked too adorable for you to tell him.

END OF FLASHBACK

if the two of you had never stepped through, would you still remember him? would you remember all the goodbyes and the i love you's? would you remember every kiss and every hug? would you remember every movie night and date night? would you remember every romantic holiday spent together? would you remember the love the two of you shared?

you were one of the only one's who actually understood him. one of the only one's he could talk to about anything and everything, getting whatever he needed to off of his chest. you were that person for him. but who does he have now?

we should've never fucking came back.