𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 || 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐢

you were sitting in the airport in jamaica, waiting for your flight. you took a solo vacation, a getaway from work, stress, and just life in general. that's all it was supposed to be, a getaway.

there was a man sitting next to you, fair skin with black hair, brown eyes. he was reading a copy of one of your favorite books. you decided to make conversation.

"how's the book so far?" you ask, glancing over st the man. he smiles. "this is actually my second time reading it" you smile back at him. "that's one of my favorites." you turn to go back to reading on your phone, but he starts again.

"makes sense, pretty girl likes her poetry." you turned your head back towards him. a light blush was covering your cheeks, but it felt like they were on fire. he just called you pretty.

"thanks, i appreciate it." you say, smiling. "anytime, princess." he replies, going back to his book.

a few minutes later, the overhead speakers begin. you were informed that your flight was overbooked, and there was a cash offering out for anyone who was willing to take a later flight. you were in no rush to get home, so you stood up, grabbing your luggage and belongings.

clearly, the man next to you was in no rush to go home either, because he stood up and collected his luggage, heading towards the same enterance as you for the later flight.

"fancy seeing you here." the man said. he sat down in the seat right next to you. he pulls his earbuds out of his carry-on and offers you one. you take it, hearing 80's music hum it's way through the earbuds.

the flight continued, sharing casual conversations together. that's when an overhead speaker came on, announcing to expect turbulence.

"fuck, i hate turbulence." you whispered more to yourself than anybody, but eagen heard. "don't worry, it's just some air." he said, attempting to be reassuring.

he was wrong. this was not just 'some air'. it felt like the entire roof was about to fly out, the windows were going to smash, everything was going to go flying. you gripped onto those seats for dear life, clutching your knees close to your chest.

you reminded yourself, "it's just some turbulence, it's just some turbulence."

soon, it passed. thank god. there was another announcement, this time that they were making an emergency landing at stewart airport, and they owed anyone whatever inconvenience this may have caused.

"damn it." eagen groaned next to you. practically the entire airplane filled with annoyance. it was a two hour drive from stewart to JFK.

everyone started to look out the windows as the plane made emergency touchdown on the landing pad. flashes of red and blue lights illuminated the area. rumors and voices of "what's going on? what's happening" flew around the cabin.

everyone stood up, gathering their belongings, and exited the flight. eagen was walking right behind you. as you stepped off, an undercover vehicle pulled up quickly, straight onto the airstrip.

"what's happening?" a man yelled out. "there are sick people here!" a blonde woman yells.

"you, ladies and gentlemen, departed from montego bay, jamaica on april 7th, 2013. today is november 4th, 2018." the man from the undercover van stated to the crowd. arrays of gasps and cries fled throughout the passengers.

"that's impossible." you say, turning to eagen. "we look exactly the same as we did a few hours ago." he says.

- two year skip -

april 7th, 2013, or november 4th, 2018, as some would say. that was the day you met eagen, your boyfriend. the last two years with him had been perfect, everything you'd ever dreamed of as a kid. you always dreamed of finding a perfect guy, living the life you'd always wanted, and that's how the last year and a half had felt, minus the callings and approaching death date.