𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 || 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐢

"officer l/n, you're with mikami today." the captain says, pointing the two of you out the bay doors to where the patrol cars were held. you held a beige folder full of all the case details the two of you needed for tonight's shift.

"thank you, captain." you reply, turning on your heel and walking out the door, drea only a few steps behind you.

"ready for tonight?" drea says, catching up to you. it was a late night shift, working undercover as the two of you watched for a potential drug trafficking ring.

you chuckle. "i'm definitely gonna need a coffee or two." she laughs, agreeing with you as the two of you unlock the car doors and crawl into the patrol vehicle.

the drive there, the two of you discussed the case and all the details that had been typed up in the file. "you think we're gonna catch anything tonight?" you ask, looking over to drea in the passenger seat.

"yeah, i think we will." she says, a slight smile on her face. you give her a smile back before focusing your attention back on the road moving in front of you.

the two of you parked the car outside the warehouse the department believed to be the headquarters of the organization.

"now's the fun part. we wait." you laugh, pressing your head back against the headrest.

the two of you made simple conversation before both of your radios started to go off.

"we need you guys to go in, backup is on the way. start making entry." you hear your captain say over the radio. you groan before replying, "yes ma'am."

you and drea hopped out the side doors of the car, checking your holsters and guns at the ready. "ready?" you asked, drea nodded in return.

the two of you snuck in one of the side doors of the building, hearing rustling and chatter coming from inside. "on three." you whisper. "1.. 2.. 3!" the two of you turn the corner, guns raised, and voices screaming.

"NYPD! stop what you're doing!" the group of about 4 men dropped to their knees once they saw the guns, holding their hands up in the air. the backup team followed in behind the two of you soon after.

you and drea grabbed two of the men, holding their arms behind their backs. "nice one, y/n." drea says, clicking the handcuffs on.

"thanks." you reply, trying to hold back a man who was attempting to fight the restraints.

"anytime." she says, giving you a wink. you feel your cheeks heat up but keep your head down, focused on the criminal.