𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"y/n! we don't need to go in there!" cal said laughing as you dragged him by the arm. there was an adorable pet store on a corner in brooklyn, and as soon as you spotted it, you knew you had to go in.

"please! i just wanna look!" you practically pleaded. all the adorable kittens in the window, the birds sitting on perches inside. there were gourmet pet treats sitting out in various designs. you even saw little frosted dog biscuits with a 'happy birthday' written across them.

cal sighed while smiling, giving in. he couldn't lie, the animals were cute. there were different litters of kittens in tall crates together, and different pens with families of puppies together in the middle. along the sides were different birds and rodents.

your eyes trailed over the kittens, poking a finger in and petting a couple of them. "cal, look! this one has a mustache." you say, giggling as you looked at a little white cat with a brown marking right over his lip. "he kinda does." cal replies, smiling as he poked a finger in to play with the kitten.

you walked along the different cages, eventually landing on a black kitten. you looked over at her tag, seeing the name lily on the paper. you looked under the notes section and see the words vampire fangs written across.

you looked back at the black kitty. she looked up at you calmly, as if she were showing off her shiny fangs. two teeth stuck out from her mouth as she smiled sweetly up and you. you put a finger in and rubbed against her. she rolled over and let you give her some calming belly rubs.

"i wish we could take you home. ben would kill us, he's allergic." you say sadly. the kitten was beautiful, as well as a sweetheart. cal pulled you over by your hand, dragging you to come look at the variety of puppies in their pens.

your eyes immeadiately spot a small white and brown one, her eyes were a piercing shade of blue. a tiny australian shepard. she bounced up towards the cage, immeadiately running up to both you and cal.

"can we pick her up?" cal asked, looking over to the attendant for permission. the woman smiled before she responded. "be my guest, she's a sweetheart."

cal lifted up the small dog softly. her fur was softer than anything. she smelt like a brand new puppy. there was nothing better than new puppy smell.

she pressed a few kisses to the side of cal's face, causing him to laugh in return. he passes the dog over to you, and within seconds, she fell asleep in your arms. you looked over to cal, the two of you sharing the same thought.

"how much is she?" you whispered to the attendant, too scared to wake up the sleeping puppy in your arms. "the adoption fee is 150." she replies sweetly.

cal reached into his wallet, pulling out his card and being lead to fill out the paperwork. in the meantime, you bounced the puppy gently in your arms, in hope to keep her peacefully asleep.

cal came back 20 minutes later, a pack of signed paperwork and instructions in his arms, as well as a bag full of some dog toys and a few packets of treats.

the two of you walked out of the store, the little girl letting out a gentle yawn and squinting her eyes as she adjusted to the light outside.

"i can't believe you convinced me into buying a dog." cal says, shaking his head in disbelief as he smiled. "how are we supposed to tell ben? he's gonna kill us." you ask, giggling at the thought.

"we need some happiness around here, maybe a puppy will help." cal replies, leaning his head down to the puppies and placing a gentle kiss on top of her soft head of fur.

"she's precious. what should we name her?" you say, tilting your head and looking at the gorgeous girl you were bringing home.

"i was thinking sapphire." cal responds, looking away from the puppy and up at you. the two of you shared a look, the same one you shared back inside.

"sapphire's perfect." you reply, sitting down in the passenger seat of cal's car as the puppy fell soundly back asleep to the hum of the engine starting