𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

short chapter but i was just rewatching the beginning of season four and thought of a one shot like this :) hope you guys enjoy !!

  the smell of his shampoo. sweet and clean. it was all you could smell as you held your boyfriend in your arms as he sobbed, holding onto you as closely as he could.

"i know. i know." you whispered softly in his ear, understanding how he was feeling. you wished there was a better way you could help. you placed soft kisses on his face, on his cheek, on his forehead, a couple on his lips to distract him.

"i wish dad would just pay attention like he used to." he sobbed, laying his head against your shoulder, his face towards your neck. he presses a few light kisses on your neck.

you run a light hand through his hair, pulling him into another kiss. "i know. stay hopeful, maybe one day he will. you know i'm always here, i'm not going anywhere." you say affirmingly.

he wrings his fingers through yours, holding your hand in his, before he pulls you into his lap instead of your previous position.

"thank you. for everything. i don't know what i'd be doing without you, i'd have nothing to live for or to find happiness in. you've been the best part of the last two years." he says, tears still streaming down his face, but now a smile present.

"i love you. more than anything, cal. i really hope you know that." you whisper, looking at him softly.

"i do, and i love you. forever and always." he says, holding out his finger for a pinky promise, something the two of you always did. neither of you had ever broken one.

"forever and always." you whisper, locking in the promise. then kissing him passionately on his bedroom floor.