𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟 || 𝐭𝐣 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧

"i can't believe all this music we missed when we were gone! this is such a good song!" you say, turning up the radio as tj prepared your dinner in the kitchen.

"that's the one good thing about the music industry. you're always bound to find a song you like at some point." tj chuckles, taking a handful of pasta out of the pot and moving it to your dinner plate.

"yknow, we should really make a bucket list." you say as tj passes you the plate. tj turns to you and raises his eyebrow a bit. "oh yeah, why do you say that?" he says as he takes a seat down across from you.

"i mean, if we only have a year left, don't you think we should cross some stuff off of a bucket list?" you say. you take a bite of the food. it was amazing, as always. he learned a lot of cooking skills from his mom before she passed.

a little bit of the happiness drained from his eyes. he hated to think about how he might only have a year left with you. he wanted the rest of his life spent loving you, and for it not only to be limited to a year.

"alright, let's do it." he says. he stands up and grabs a pen and a notepad from the kitchen drawer. "first one?" he asks, taking a seat again.

you run your hands through your hair, thinking of every possible thing you would want to do before you... well die to put it simply.

"definitely see the northern lights." you say, looking back up and him. he smiles at you and starts jotting down words on the paper.

"my mom took me when i was little. i remember how beautiful they were. i'd love to take you." tj says. excitement fills your body. you'd always dreamed of seeing them in person, and with him was even better.

"what about you?" you ask. he thinks for a moment, before replying.

"i'd like to get married." he says simply.

butterflies filled your stomach. "like, to me?" you ask, your voice shaking from pure adrenaline in the moment.

tj nods his head in disbelief while smiling. "no, i'm gonna marry the grandma who bakes us cookies downstairs. of course i wanna marry you."

"well, we'll definitely make sure to get that one checked off." you said. you reached over and held one of his hands.

whether you were going to die on june 2nd, or have the rest of your life to complete this bucket list, none of it mattered as long as you were doing it all with tj.