𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐊𝐞𝐭 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐚𝐮𝐫

the second you got there, the flashbacks came back to you like all those years ago. the calling that led you straight to him.

FLASHBACK:

just like micheala and zeke, you heard the words "find him" in your head, and you followed your gut, and ended up at the brooklyn heights park. one of the most beautiful spots in new york city.

just by chance, you walked straight into cal. "oh my god, i'm so sorry!" you say, readjusting yourself. "don't worry about it!" he said, helping you stand straight. he was about to walk away when you said, "wait, you look familiar." he turned around and smiled.

"you were on 828, i was too." he said, walking back over and shaking your hand. "cal stone."

"y/n l/n" you said smiling, shaking his hand. "i was actually here on a calling, think you could help?" you asked the tall boy in front of you.

"yeah, definitely. my dad and sister have like mastered these things." he joked. the words rang through your head again.

"i keep hearing the words 'find him'" you say softly. the expression on his face dropped. "i keep hearing find her." he replies.

"well callings, we found each other, now what?" you say, smiling and laughing as you look up at the sky, the universe full of bright stars looking down on you.

END OF FLASHBACK

here you were, standing in brooklyn heights years later. back under the stars.

the metal ring in your pocket felt as if it were going to burn a hole through the fabric.

instead of as years before, you were standing side by side with cal, hand in hand, taking a stroll through one of the most romantic places in the city.

little did you know, cal had the same plans. as the two of you approached the same spot you'd first met, cal pauses and looks out over the view.

"this is where we met." cal chucked softly. there couldn't have been a more perfect place for the two of you to meet. the city lights shined bright over thousands of people and thousands of lives.

"it is." you say happily, you reach into your pocket, attempting to reach for the ring. now was the time, it was perfect.

when you turned around, you saw your boyfriend of the last four years, down on the ground on one knee, right in the middle of brooklyn heights.

"y/n, will you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?" cal asked, a single tear falling from his eye. you smiled brighter than you believed you'd ever smiled before.

you nodded your head a quick yes as tears of happiness began to make their way down your cheeks. you held the ring tight in your hand, using your others to hold his hand.

easily and quickly, you slipped the ring into the palm of his hand. the inside was engraved with the very first day you met, right here.

cal opened his palm and saw the metal ring, as he looked up, smiling. "i can't wait to marry you." he says quickly, reaching over to pull you into a passionate kiss.