𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐣𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞 || 𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

surprise!! mini chapter because i missed writing manifest and i missed you guys :)

his voice echoed in your ears. every word of advice he'd once given you. every i love you he'd whispered on those late nights.

you could still feel him. it felt like he was still talking to you now. you felt as if he was having conversations with you within your head. any normal person would've suggested you to see a psychiatrist.

he was everywhere.

everytime you saw a monopoly board game in target, your mind immeaditely filled with memories of him and cal playing on the living room floor together.

everytime you walked under the new york city stars, you'd feel his touch again, the feeling of falling in love filling your heart once more.

everytime you smelt a certain kind of freshly baked chocolate chip cookie in public, it brought you right back to those late nights where he'd make them for you, eating them as you watched old movies together.

you watched as the people around you fell apart without him. he may not have realized it then, but he made such an impact in everyone else's lives.

cal had gotten quiet, shyer again. zeke had brought him out of his shell, lifted him up with his daily words of encouragement.

olive had gone back to feeling like a single mom. her and zeke were the breadwinners of the house when things got rough, and now it was just her all alone again.

you had gone into a complete state of loss and depression. zeke was your person. you always told him you didn't know what you'd do without him. you truly meant that.

you felt as if you should've asked him questions, asked him how to be. he always had given the best advice. it was his gift.

you looked back on every memory the two of you had together. every grocery store recipet, every poloroid, every movie ticket.

it was as if he were still around.